Nitro fuel, what should I use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryptek1

I have the savage x 4.6. Does anyone run O'donnell's what should I get if getting O'donnell's I can't get Byrons from anywhere local so I'm looking at O'donnell's or something else any recommendations would be great!

Sidewinder is some of the best fuel I have run in my 30 plus career of playing with nitro stuff....

I use sidewinder backyard basher. No need to use separate after run oil with this fuel.

I had a rig with an OS engine sit for 2 years and I was able to start up with a couple of cranks..

I use byrons vp racing power master and O'Donnells

I ran a mix of the odonnell's race and speed blends, seemed to run ok.

Now I have 2 gallons of the race blend. I run 25%, but can rarely find 25%, so I have to buy a gallon of 20 and 30, then mix it 50/50. The last 2 gallons I ran were odonnell's 20% race and 30% speed mixed. Now, my LHS only had the race blend for both, which uses 8% synthetic oil only, no castor like the speed blend. Guessing that's going to not be as friendly to tune, or at least have to keep a close eye on it to avoid overheating.

I proffer byrons gen2 race 25%.

I ran a mix of the odonnell's race and speed blends, seemed to run ok.

Now I have 2 gallons of the race blend. I run 25%, but can rarely find 25%, so I have to buy a gallon of 20 and 30, then mix it 50/50. The last 2 gallons I ran were odonnell's 20% race and 30% speed mixed. Now, my LHS only had the race blend for both, which uses 8% synthetic oil only, no castor like the speed blend. Guessing that's going to not be as friendly to tune, or at least have to keep a close eye on it to avoid overheating.

I proffer byrons gen2 race 25%.

Interesting you mixing fuels to change the nitro content, just wondering if you have used a hydrometer to actually check the content or not......

http://www.turbofast.com.au/racefuel8.html

Last edited:
I have been using vp 30% and it has been working out well, odonnells is also good fuel.

I have tried traxxas 20% also but I didn't like it as much as the vp so I just stuck with it since my lhs carries it.

I use odonnells in the savage. 20 percent keeps the truck running cool, reliably, and easy to tune. There is so much power I never felt the need to try to go to 30 percent.

Latest posts

Members online

Back