Nitro Engine Factory Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waking up a zombie thread I know but seems like a good place to post. I just got a brand new k4.6 with my brand new Savage, and on mine, the low speed needle is not quite flush with the case. The bevel of the screw sticks out slightly. Should I be worried about this or do you think they have adjusted the factory settings a bit? so far I have just started the break in and the idle seems about right for a brand new engine.

Waking up a zombie thread I know but seems like a good place to post. I just got a brand new k4.6 with my brand new Savage, and on mine, the low speed needle is not quite flush with the case. The bevel of the screw sticks out slightly. Should I be worried about this or do you think they have adjusted the factory settings a bit? so far I have just started the break in and the idle seems about right for a brand new engine.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-rcs.814/

these posts can help you with most questions you come up with concerning your new savage model....

I think those instructions are rather universal for all the engines they have put in Savages. Mines the k4.6 though.

have a nitro star .21BB 3.5 the mid has been truned out pass fluse what can i do

Turn it back to flush and never touch it again. Maybe toss some RTV on it to hold it in place.

Does anyone have the factory carb settings for a Kyosho KE21r? I bought it used and want to start tuning from factory settings.

Sweet. Thanks Jam! How do you measure the idle gap on the carb slide? Do they make a tool that fits down in the carb to measure it or what's the trick?

Sweet. Thanks Jam! How do you measure the idle gap on the carb slide? Do they make a tool that fits down in the carb to measure it or what's the trick?

I use my :eyes: to do that part...... your idle gap is going to change somewhat for different reasons so the 1mm is only a starting point to get you running....

New to the forum. Ive acquired a savage with a old hot bodies 46 engine thats had little use. Ive disassembled the whole carb and engine clean everything good in my ultrasonic cleaner replaced some o rings and seal everything up good permatex. Does anybody know the factory settings on carb? Almost ready to fire this pig up.

I believe this is what it should be, pretty close, hope it helps
Hot Bodies .26 Powerhouse if I remember correctly , this is the same, if anybody else has input, great.

HSN - 3.5 Turns from fully closed.
LSN - 3.5 Turns from fully closed.
Idle - 1mm open.

I believe this is what it should be, pretty close, hope it helps
Hot Bodies .26 Powerhouse if I remember correctly , this is the same, if anybody else has input, great.

HSN - 3.5 Turns from fully closed.
LSN - 3.5 Turns from fully closed.
Idle - 1mm open.

Thanks for information, will let you know how it goes

Hi to all the members, I'm a returning customer to the world of nitro cars again. After been with helicopters & large scale cars... I recently got hold of a Force.18 engine for my HPI Bullet & for the love of this hobby I can't find the factory settings or the optimal carb settings. Could anyone help me out here as I want to pass this car on to my first born (10yrs old) as he wants to get into this hobby & I think this a great model to start with.

Hi to all the members, I'm a returning customer to the world of nitro cars again. After been with helicopters & large scale cars... I recently got hold of a Force.18 engine for my HPI Bullet & for the love of this hobby I can't find the factory settings or the optimal carb settings. Could anyone help me out here as I want to pass this car on to my first born (10yrs old) as he wants to get into this hobby & I think this a great model to start with.

Flush on the low end needle and 2 1/2 on the high needle with a 1mm gap outta be enuff to get it started and running somewhat, keep in mind your setting will need adjusting for optimal running, main thing is you want to see smoke out of the pipe to ensure good lubrication.....

Flush on the low end needle and 2 1/2 on the high needle with a 1mm gap outta be enuff to get it started and running somewhat, keep in mind your setting will need adjusting for optimal running, main thing is you want to see smoke out of the pipe to ensure good lubrication.....
Thanks Jam Racing 1, will try these settings today & let u know how that turned out ;)

Hello. Is the Hellfire's Nitro Star K4.6 High Output carb settings the same as the non-high output version? If this was covered already I apologize. Thanks

HI.. I HAVE A QUESTION I KNOW SETTINGS WILL B DIFF FROM PLACE TO PLACE DUE TO OUTSIDE CONDITIONS BUT DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GENERAL SETTING FOR IN TUNE LIKE HOW MANY TURNS OUT FROM SEATED POSITION REASON I ASK IS CUZ I AM A MOTORCYCLE TECH AND THE FUEL MIX SCREW USUALLY IS 2.5 TURNS OUT FROM FLUSH GOOD RULE OF THUMB ANYWAYS FOR ALMOST ANY BIKE OR WHEELER THANKS FOR ANY INFO

HI.. I HAVE A QUESTION I KNOW SETTINGS WILL B DIFF FROM PLACE TO PLACE DUE TO OUTSIDE CONDITIONS BUT DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GENERAL SETTING FOR IN TUNE LIKE HOW MANY TURNS OUT FROM SEATED POSITION REASON I ASK IS CUZ I AM A MOTORCYCLE TECH AND THE FUEL MIX SCREW USUALLY IS 2.5 TURNS OUT FROM FLUSH GOOD RULE OF THUMB ANYWAYS FOR ALMOST ANY BIKE OR WHEELER THANKS FOR ANY INFO

First off all caps is irritating, second off what engine do you have? I believe the 3.0/.18 is posted if not you can usually find base setting in your manual......

See page 7 of this manual it gives factory settings for your engine....

https://www.hpiracing.com/assets/do...4_vol02_g3.0_engine_with_pullstart_061015.pdf

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back