Nice bash session today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKLNHYDE

Went out and got a good three hours :rock1: out of my X today before breaking a clutch spring, which in turn got my clutch bell spinning a little cross-eyed which ate the front CB bearing and the brass washer :cussing: . I also tore a rear tire a bit and lost a few screws through the course of the morning...Had a blast though!

My only issue now is that I can't get the pilot screw out to take the CB off. I may have to put that puppy in a vice and get a set of vice grips on the screw!

It was about time to replace the clutches anyway as I probably have two full gallons on the stock ones.

Twiztid, I myself have been running them since I bought the truck used this past spring. I have no idea how long they were run before me. Since I have a broken spring and have to disassemble it anyway, I might as well change them out.

Bankrupter, honestly, I can't remember but being the noob I am, I may have :duh: .

It is a phillips screw too so I may just need to get a good #2 on it as mine is a bit worn. I'll get it out somehow...LOL

Thanks for the invite. LOL I get bored running by myself.

Bankrupter, honestly, I can't remember but being the noob I am, I may have :duh: .

It is a phillips screw too so I may just need to get a good #2 on it as mine is a bit worn. I'll get it out somehow...LOL

Yep, mount that up in vice 4 sure (careful you can crack the block) grab just the flywheel if you can. Get some weight on it with a good driver and your good. Get a Allan to replace it.

LMAO @ Joe! I thought Dave mentioned something about going to some races on Sunday? I thought you were going with him..I'll call you next time for sure!

Mickey, I like that fuel line idea!

And yes, I'll be replacing that phillips with a socket head screw to avoid this in the future.

I didn't get any decent pics, the best one is the new avatar I have...LOL

So I put it in the vice and put some a$$ into it and the screw broke free. I did have Loctite on it which explained why it was so tight. I'll definately skip the Loctite when I put it back together and I'll be using the allen head screw...

Took the wallowed out brass bushing off revealing the outer bearing race, no inner race and no ball bearings whatsoever! Pulled the clutchbell off and there's the inner bearing race! LOL...And the floppy clutch shoe. The main shaft of the motor still solid and free spinning so I don't have any residual damage that I can see at this point.

Took the wallowed out brass bushing off revealing the outer bearing race, no inner race and no ball bearings whatsoever! Pulled the clutchbell off and there's the inner bearing race! LOL...And the floppy clutch shoe. The main shaft of the motor still solid and free spinning so I don't have any residual damage that I can see at this point.

I replace bearing every 3/4 gallon mark.

LMAO @ Joe! I thought Dave mentioned something about going to some races on Sunday? I thought you were going with him..I'll call you next time for sure!

Nah for $60 in tolls and to watch others race wasn't worth the trip.

Latest posts

Members online

Back