newbe here to hpi savage nitro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbe

Hello I just got a savage25! It needs motor n couple bolts here n there! What I'm wondering though what was the stock motor for this truck? I think it was a star-25 pull start is this correct? Also I'm really not sure of model like xl,flux ect! I'm going to put some pics up so u could possibly tell me model motor ect! Does everything look good on truck am i missing anything besides motor i don't think i am but let me know thanks everyone!!!!20150527_181223.jpg 20150527_181945.jpg

Attachments

• 20150527_181113.jpg
    20150527_181113.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 2
That is indeed a savage 25 rtr. And yes it had the nitro star s-25.

I also see that you are missing the receiver, receiver plate, receiver battery and battery box lid.

Yes indeed I am I can't believe I didn't put that down! Where will be a good place to source this stuff? Thanks for the reply

Since you're missing most of it, I'd suggest upgrading to the X style radio box. It's a much better designed box. Link below:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMDA2

For the battery, any 6V hump battery with atleast 1600mAh will work well. If you have a remote already you will have to buy a receiver that works with that. All of these things can be bought at tower hobbies, like the link for the radio box.

Thanks for the reply I was just reading something on the hump back pack! I do have a controller already now I have to determine what recivever I need!

what radio do ya have with it, some receivers are as much almost as a new radio system

Thanks for your help I really appericate it!! I'm just trying to get all theses parts I'm missing n it coming along!!

Could this be possible that this controller is for a trophy buggy? I really don't guess it would matter as long as savage had all the parts for the controller to read it right?

Ah didn't even see the radio hiding there, in that case I would upgrade to a 2.4 more modern system for sure..... some of the tf 40 are around the 30 dollar mark a bargain in anyones book.....

Could someone post me a link for a whole digital set up please. Thanks a lot for ur replies

I posted the link above in my post earlier, click the second link and it takes you to complete radio sets on e bay

Thanks sorry I did check that link out n saw them sorry bout that

Yup, that's a basic radio system and should work ok, be prepared though I am not sure if your analog servos will work well with a new digital system.... you may be looking at new servos to add into that also

Yup, there are lots of them out there, look for digital servos with 200 oz in for steering and 150 oz in for throttle...

OK thanks a lot for all ur Help I really appericate it!!

No Problem, we all try to help as much as possible...... gotta make sure people have a good RC experience so they stay around... :D

I'm looking at the aitronic 94358 with 200 oz for steering !Any input on that or know any top of the line digital. Servos or budget friendly digital servos?

Do u know specs on F4? How much u looking for them.separate? What condition are they in? Thanks

The F4.1 is basically a S25 with more ports (I believe). Both of the engines are in good running conditions. I have recently upgraded my two trucks with Picco P3 and LRP ZR3.0X, 3 speeds and Spectrum radios. I think $50 CDN per engine is fair. I am in Canada.
I am also selling the HPI 2.4G radio TF20U with RF30.

So ur selling the transmitter with receiver? Is that everything I'd need? Cause I have a hpi tf-4 n I'm upgrading to newer digital!

TF4 is 27Mhz AM. If you are interested in the radio, how's $25 CDN?

Members online

No members online now.
Back