Newb with a Savage 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicagoSavage

Hey guys, new to the forum. Picked up a Savage 21 yesterday that has a bent chassis and who knows what else is wrong with it. Haven't had a chance to go through it.

It does have some upgraded parts and I bought it on a whim because I didn't want to spend a ton of money right off the bat.

I noticed that there is like an oily film on the exhaust, motor, and other parts. Looks like it wasn't maintained well. Is this film normal or is it a sign of engine trouble?

I need to replace the chassis but am finding it difficult to locate new chassis plates. Anyone have a good source for these? I did a forum search but the results for the Savage 21s are slim.

If someone had a list of what parts were interchangeable, that would be awesome!

Maybe you guys could help me determine what aftermarket parts are on it?

Any help and good source of info on these trucks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Savage.jpg
    Savage.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Savage2.jpg
    Savage2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Savage3.jpg
    Savage3.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
i have a spare set of X plates i could let go for $20 shipped. they in near new shape

I see since HPI has stopped all production, plates are going quite high and are not being sold in pairs

they will fit your truck. stock frameplates are mostly the same across all the savage lines.
these will be the newer style grey ones vs the silver ones on your .25

pm me and we can exchange phone #'s and i will walk down to my shop and text you a picture

they will fit your truck. stock frameplates are mostly the same across all the savage lines.
these will be the newer style grey ones vs the silver ones on your .25
From what I was reading, the .25 and 21 are different trucks right ? Mine doesn't have the X design in the side. Check out the link posted in the response above. If they will for sure fit, you got a deal...

Caretaker. I just PayPal'd bifftit for the new plates! Hopefully I will have this thing up and running within a few weeks! Need a to clear a space somewhere in my house to take this thing fully apart, clear it, replace what needs fixing, and then take it out for a ride!

Latest posts

Members online

Back