New X will not start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YimmytheTulip

Hi all,
Yes another newbie...Just recieved my X for my BDay and it's awesome! - to look at that is at this stage anyway :-(. It's my first R/C so I'm very new at this. I also got the purple HPI Racing Tuning Pipe and a Bigger airfilter. Now from the type of person I am and this my be the problem (doubt it though). I fitted the new pipe and air filter before even starting the engine for the first time. Now that I'm ready to rumble - I can't get it to start. I've done quite a bit of investigation through the threads on this forum etc. I've lubed the engine, primed as per the norm etc. etc. It seems to flood quite often and if it doesn't flood it just won't take. I have checked, double checked, triple checked all the steps but must be missing something. How do I ensure I don't flood it so often? What else can I check to get it running. I'm going nuts not to be able to hear that engine and would really like to complete running in this weekend. Any advise will be greatly appreciated

The pipe and filter wouldn't make a big difference. Have you ensured that your glow ignitor was fully charged and that your glow plug was good? Swap out the plug just to be on the safe side. Hopefully you're not using just a plain jane C cell ignitor, if so, change that battery also....

Try replacing the glow plug. flooding the engine will definatly kill a plug if it is severe enough. In order not to flood it, be careful when priming it. the motor doesnt take very much fuel at all to start.

Welcome aboard BTW :)

Yup, got that side covered, got 2 spare plugs for justin. The ignitor is rechargable and I check the plugs each time after sorting the flooding out and all's good. I haven't popped a plug yet even after way too many floods.

u using a rotostart? i tried using the rotostart end in my drill but had the drill turning the wrong way!!! great fun bein a newbie eh?lol

Hey all,
got it going!!! YEAH :)))))))
So here's what I found, I stripped and cleaned almost everything and ensured there were no air leaks and all was securely connected, the new pipe I fitted was blocked on the vacuum valve. Once that was cleared it fired up in a second.
Did both tanks of stationary idle last night - gonna do the other 2 today so the weekend will be filled with "getting used to" the monster.
Thanks for all the replies,advise etc. etc. It's great to know there's a group that is willing to assist the newbie(s).

i got my new savage x running today after more problems than you would believe tranny was faulty then it would not go drained two rotostart batts
i think the problem was the glow ignitor i noticed the pug was not glowin at the bottom i had charged the ignitor 4 days before can the lose some juice in that amount of time even though they have not been used??

Did u change plugs as well it might be your glow plug I Charge my ignitor over night and Iam good for like 3 weeks (depending on how much I drive it tho) U might have another problem other then the glow plug if thats not the problem?????

the battery for the glow ignitor may be faulty. I just keep extras around in the event that one goes bad.

don't know what wrong got it running again today run second
static tank it was a right b***h to start though had to blip throttle to get it to start then when i took off glow ignitor it stopped then evenyually it ran and idled for a full tank any ideas

what is the temp outside????? might want a hotter plug I sounds like u have a airleak ( hard to belive but its true) even with a brand new mill .....Also Have u touched the needles yet ????

I never heard it called static tanks but thats just me anyway yea start running it around a little bit do not do any full throttle runs until at least the 6 tank IMO but start leaning it out a very little at a time keep a eye on temp AND MAKE SURE THERE IS ALLOT OF BLUE SMOKE... its a must durring brakein do some 1/2 throttle runs and go through a cupple more tanks

ok thanks for that
oi will try it out tomorrow i hope depends on yhe weather though it was cold today while i was waiting for it to use up all its fuel the idle for ages on one tank of fuel (it seemed like it anyway)

what is the temp outside????? might want a hotter plug I sounds like u have a airleak ( hard to belive but its true) even with a brand new mill .....Also Have u touched the needles yet ????

hi decide to take mill out today guess what yup you gussed it air leak i found one definate leak from (wait for it ) carb securing screw i sealed that and the carb did the packplate whilst i was at it i need to give it a try now
thanks for the pointer runoverbysavage
:DJjam: :DJjam:

Latest posts

Members online

Back