New X-maxx killer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northernnightmare

The savage is still one of my favoite platforms, but between the rigs almost complete lack of support and hpi/ripmax dragging their feet in almost every way possible.

I gotta say I been looking to expand to new platforms especally when it comes to a new brushless rig, The x-maxx just never sat right with me being mostly $$$ plasitic chassi and my past dealing with traxxas where a nightmare on a few rtrs

I think this truck at a lower price and with a big and better drive train might be my next truck for me, being first over 6s truck - http://www.redcatracing.com/Rampage-R5#

What you guys think

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Traxxas has anything to worry about.

Agreed.

The R5 is a good looking truck and I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews on it. I still don't think it will do better than the X-maxx though.

CEN Reeper maybe? Saw the aussie RC guy review that on youtube. Beat the snot out of it. Basically a meaner brushless genesis.

Last edited:
As a fellow x maxx owner and savage owner I must say the x maxx spite being mostly plastic. It's surprisingly durable for a truck it's weight. I do think the price is a bit steep but very happy with it. As for the other platforms I'm much of a fan of any of them but that don't make them a bad rc. As for traxxas needing to be worried I have to agree with woodie. There one of the biggest names in the rc industry for reason.

Ya my buddy had a nitro cen gensis i think it was called not bad at all, but I only seen it go a few times back then.

I'm gona wait and see if the new R5 gets good reviews from the people that actully have them in hand. The redcat video don't show much and is on mx track that imo is very bad location and all slowmo come on, so i gotta see more before i can even consider it.

I did have 90% good luck with the hsp redcat rc's, allready got a 1/8 truggy that is really good from them... and a bunch of crawlers too

I only hope parts would be reasonably priced, I got an Exceed Forza(same as Redcat volcano s30(1/10 buggy))and parts cost as much as Savage parts. For a pair of upper and lower control arms for savage $15+shipping, for Redcat its 17+shipping.

I have a feeling its gona be a alot better out of the box, with more alloy and better wheels/hexs....

]

RedCat has come into their own in the last few years, I will take a RedCat over any Traxxas any day....
My Son just got the RedCat Shredder and that thing puts anything Traxxas makes to shame, it is bigger and has better equipment out of the box than any Traxxas I have seen....

http://www.redcatracing.com/Shredder-V2

this rig is as wide and a bit longer than my XTM MMT and after seeing it run I am IMPRESSED with the speed and handling of it......

RedCat has come into their own in the last few years, I will take a RedCat over any Traxxas any day....
My Son just got the RedCat Shredder and that thing puts anything Traxxas makes to shame, it is bigger and has better equipment out of the box than any Traxxas I have seen....

http://www.redcatracing.com/Shredder-V2

this rig is as wide and a bit longer than my XTM MMT and after seeing it run I am IMPRESSED with the speed and handling of it......

Only 4s in a 1/6 scale and only costing $400??!?! :D I'd have to see it to believe it's even remotely worthwhile.

The standard redcat stuff isn't for me. Now, team redcat I can get behind some.

Only 4s in a 1/6 scale and only costing $400??!?! :D I'd have to see it to believe it's even remotely worthwhile.

The standard redcat stuff isn't for me. Now, team redcat I can get behind some.

Just picked the shredder up last month. Been bashing it and it has been solid. 40+ out of the box and for the size and weight I can't complain. It's been putting some of the locals to shame. The handling is quite well done but steering isn't as tight as it should be.

Latest posts

Members online

Back