new wheelie bar set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the credit on the upper arms but you took my idea and just ran with it--GOOD JOB I like it make sure to give an update of how it holds up after some bashing!

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks awesome!!! I now know what setup I will use for a wheelie bar, when the time comes....

the only thing I'm gonna change is the bar I'm using for the axal. is just a straight bar that i had to put a dab of jbweld on the end to hold the wheels. I need to find a thicker threaded rod that can take a beating!

Nice wheelie bar I like it How far does it flex up I know this from makeing my own also that the wheelie bar has to kinda sit pretty close to the rear bumper I just had a birthday and got a hpi wheelie bar this thing looks good and is very strong WORKS really well to keep us posted on how it works

tested new wheely bar design

i tried my adjustable bar design today, worked ok , it just pulled to one side,have some adjusting to do. didnt try for draggin though.got dark out .

Mine will beat all of yall's!!! It's called a THUMB and a TRIGGER! LEARN to use it and bouce it on the rear wheels and you won't need a wheelie bar!

Nice wheelie bar I like it How far does it flex up I know this from makeing my own also that the wheelie bar has to kinda sit pretty close to the rear bumper I just had a birthday and got a hpi wheelie bar this thing looks good and is very strong WORKS really well to keep us posted on how it works

ehh, I also got a (broken) HPI wheeliebar but the single wheel setup causes the truck to wobble when I`m doing wheelies on plain grass or asphalt.
at higher speeds this wobbling causes my truck to do cartwheels and in the end doing cartwheels broke my wheeliebar.
the wheeliebar also never prevented my truck to flip over, if I apply too much throttle it will flip over anyway, wheeliebar or no wheeliebar.
in my opinion a flexible 2 wheel wheeliebar would be a lot better.

Well i took it out for a test today and its awsome. It rides about that high. I tried punching it hard and it wouldnt flip. It would just stand up then the shock would spring back and lay the front wheels down. I think this setup is one of the best ive done and seen IMO.

Nice, I do like that setup, be sure to do more testing and tell us how it holds up over time.

The only thing right now that i want to change is the shock. I'm gonna go alum. with a black spring. I just didnt have what i wanted here so i had to make do for now

What prevents the shock shaft from pushing it's self through the skidplate when a hard wheelie is done? Of coarse it would take some time but could that be a weak link in the setup?

I was able to mount that spring holder on the bottom of the shock. I'm not sure if it would be a weak spot or not. when it compresses the shaft slides through the skid plate and it compresses the spring. After i go out for a full day of bashing then that will be the true test!

Your only using the spring portion of the shock? The rod just slides into the skidplate not using the fluid action of the shock?

ehh, I also got a (broken) HPI wheeliebar but the single wheel setup causes the truck to wobble when I`m doing wheelies on plain grass or asphalt.
at higher speeds this wobbling causes my truck to do cartwheels and in the end doing cartwheels broke my wheeliebar.
the wheeliebar also never prevented my truck to flip over, if I apply too much throttle it will flip over anyway, wheeliebar or no wheeliebar.
in my opinion a flexible 2 wheel wheeliebar would be a lot better.
witch whell r u useing the big one or small one I have the bigger wheel on right now AND IT rides the strightes wheelies ever thets wierd u r haveing that problem?????????

also how did u brake it there pretty strong for whet I have done to it so far its held up really well

ok people i took it out for some more running yesterday and it held up pretty good. I do see that it needs an alum. shock instead of plastic. the stress kept popping the top off.

is there any way u can like super glue the top of it on Can u buy just one shock like that or do u have one laying around????? I glad its work well for u good job

Latest posts

Members online

Back