new truck or old blazer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvinesquirrel

so i cant deciede what i want to do and what is the smarter of the two choices.

do i keep my new truck. a 2007 chevy colorado Z71 4x4 with no problems at all. of do i sell it and buy an old chevy K-5 Blazer 4x4.

i like the idea of an older truck that is all i have had before. but i like not having to wrench on my new one.

any suggestions to help me deciede?

do you do lots of driving? i had an 85 Scotsdale with 35" BFG mud terrains and a 6" lift i wish i could've kept but it was too much for fuel and it was always something to fix(always cheap to fix on the other hand and i could do it myself). only reason i sold it is because i had to travel lots for my job and fuel wasn't cheap..otherwise id still have my ole girl. i say do what seems most economical and makes you the happiest.

I love the old K-5 blazers, lots of modding can be down to them. Another choice to play devils advocate, have you seen that the new colorados can get a 5.3 V8, those probally move pretty good.

Me personally would go with a K5 Blazer 4x4 but that is only if you don't do lots of traveling. I love seeing a K5 lifted with mud tires...just me though.

i'm a union electrician so i do travel a bit. my union covers all of south jersey. but i kinda thought that with the money from selling the colorado i could get a new engine and tranny and fix up other things while still having cash in the pocket.
the gas doesn't bother me i've had vehicles that got any where from 8 to 20 mpg. my theory is drive what i will enjoy.

i would go with the K5 and use the money for a newer motor and trans along with what ever it needs. Insurance will be cheaper and it will be paid off.

Man I love the good old K5's when in great shape. But the Colorado will be much easier on maintenance and fuel economy. However you can build the K5 to a HP machine with a little $$$. Just my .02 hard decision.

this is one of those times where the saying "they don't make them like they used to" comes into play, i say go old school the new gms leave alot to be desired.

Members online

Back