new truck needing advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustk1ll20

Bought my brothers savage x4.6 and converted it to brushless with a kershaw kit. The motor it came with is a 2600kv. Doesn't perform very well on 2s.

Anyone one know what motor I should go with to run great on 2s?

Esc is a leopard sc8(ezrun) 120a. I'm assuming I just need a higher kv motor but not sure what will work with this lcg mount that came with the kit.

Do you mean that you are currently running dual 2s, or a single 2s pack? If you are only running a single 2s, then you are significantly under powering your savage. The savage should be ran at atleast 4s, but most go to 6s.

You can certainly get a higher KV motor, but you will severely sacrifice torque. And with a big rig like the savage, you want torque. 2200 KV is probably the most common size motor people run in their savage.

Thanks for the reply. I'm wanting to use 1 2s pack. Me an my son share packs and he's not ok with me hogging them lol. I thought I was gonna use some 3s traxxas packs but for some reason they didn't survive storage. Zero charge in them.

Think I'll put this thing away till I can get some more batteries.

ya I agree with X, you are trying to get performance outta the truck using 7.4 volts when in fact the truck needs 14.8 volts and above to actually run right.... two 2s packs will wake up that truck and make it much faster and better to drive...

I run castel creations mamba monster 2 very nice motor.u can also program your esc right all u need is the
program card

Latest posts

Members online

Back