New Traxxas X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanRose

I know, I know, this is an HPI baja and savage site. But the largest name in rc has a new platform coming out on 11/30/11. http://traxxas.com/ check their front page. Anyone hear any rumors?

They did have the monster buggy gasser from a few years ago, so it makes sense that they'd do it again. Plus they have the whole short course thing going down.

i was hoping for a truggy...

ohh snap. They came out with a Drift car that goes fast. 1/7th scale. What a piece of failure. I was expecting gas one to come out, now this piece of crap that goes fast in straight lines

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the Utube vid on it. It ran over 100mph. It also comes with $1100 price tag. Just hope parts tree is cheap. Can see parts everywhere. Even the tires are steal belted

Stroke - explain:
What a piece of failure ? I was expecting gas one to come out, WHY?, now this piece of crap that goes fast in straight lines, Hasn't been out long enough to be giving such wild accusations. Please explain to all of us where you gathered your information?

Last edited by a moderator:
]-[0pa]0ng;203324 said:
Saw the Utube vid on it. It ran over 100mph. It also comes with $1100 price tag. Just hope parts tree is cheap. Can see parts everywhere. Even the tires are steal belted

Stroke - explain:
What a piece of failure ? I was expecting gas one to come out, WHY?, now this piece of crap that goes fast in straight lines, Hasn't been out long enough to be giving such wild accusations. Please explain to all of us where you gathered your information?

if there was a shoutbox i would gladly explain

Well if you wached the vid it turn pretty well at fast speeds i mean it is a low cg touring car and it modles after the 8th scale ones which well. TURN WELL not just go fast in straight lines type of deal. Tho i eould agree with hop before throwing bull explainations of a product that just came out and YOU have not had experiance with don't throw fox news facts out . =)

]-[0pa]0ng;203326 said:
So share it here with the rest of the world. Facts

well. First off. Traxxas needs to consider that winter is here. I know some places got summer all year long, but here we don't got summer all year long. Where will a canadian run that thing now that its winter? Here we don't got indoor tracks to run something that fast. Plus, they could have at least come out with something more off road racing related, now that losi stepped up their game to 1/5th scales, and we got HPI releasing another 1/5th scaler. thats what they should have maybe thought. Majority here in Calgary, are into off road rc cars, and not touring. They got these things in the shelf sitting in my local hobby store. They haven't sold one yet.

if you look at the new traxxas closely its just a 100mph slash 4x4

I do not see it. at all. non-of the specs are the same either.
6407-top-chassis.jpg

6804_chassis_top.jpg

how do you not see it? look at the suspension setups on both they are the same. ok the chassis is different but that's a traxxas norm. the xo1 even has the same spot moulded in the rear for the sway bar.

it shares some supension parts? The revo and t-maxx share a bunch of parts too: knuckles and knuckle parts, all shafts, transmission...

But The x-01 is wider, longer, two battery, 1/8 electronics, The auminum chassis is lined up with the bottom of the bulks like a 8th buggy. not a plastic lined up to the top like a monstertruck. not close enough to a slash 4x4 to call it a face lift.

I started with a touring car but found myself wanting to get something off road capable. Not enough places to run a car this fast.

..I've seen the videos too, but I don't plan on getting one..I do like, however, how traxxas is pushing the envelope..

i would be afraid of it loosing control and cartwheeling at 100mph and flying to pieces, don't think it would survive a crash at that speed lol

heck i wouldnt be afraid of losing control . now hitting a stone at 100 mph would send this thing airborn and then it would disintegrate on impact. but yes it is nice to see a rc company pushing some limits

Latest posts

Members online

Back