New to the savage... from a revo driver.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomaxx88

I just got my first savage after having t-maxx and revo trucks. I am having some problems with it... I put a new set of red fiber brakes on it, and after 1 run, they fell apart! Now I have no brakes. Anyone have this issue? What are the best brakes for racing? btw, it is a savage x with axial.28 engine.

welcome to hpisf. the red fibers are the best brakes imo for the savage. how did they fall apart? if it was the screws that hold the pads to the tranny is a common prob as they get over tightened and strip. using a drop of ca glue and a machine screw with fine threads usually fix the issue.

I prefer the single disk setup honestly. Its a very reliable setup and with an upgraded servo it works well enough to strip out your front diffs if you want it to.

Then there is no messing with pads, CG glue and loss of brakes.

If you have the kind I think you do they also fail if they get water or fuel on them. Junk IMHO.

I have 3 Savages BTW. All highly modified with lots off gallons on them.

I prefer the single disk setup honestly. Its a very reliable setup and with an upgraded servo it works well enough to strip out your front diffs if you want it to.

If you have the kind I think you do they also fail if they get water or fuel on them. Junk IMHO.

POW!!!!!!!!!!!! Oregonmud returns to the savage forum with a bang! rockout

snoopdogg fo shizzle mud, welcome back

How do you do the one disc brake setup?

It was the original braking setup on the Savage X. It consists of one fiber brake disk and two alloy brake pads. They did update the braking system eventually to two red fiber disks and three alloy pads. That setup is good too so either one of those will work.

Its the setup with the alloy disks and the little pads that is more of a pain then its worth.

I just got my first savage after having t-maxx and revo trucks. I am having some problems with it... I put a new set of red fiber brakes on it, and after 1 run, they fell apart! Now I have no brakes. Anyone have this issue? What are the best brakes for racing? btw, it is a savage x with axial.28 engine.

welcome to the forum..what fell apart? normally they last for a very long time .. I'm thinking the screws came out? or they are older n got wet like soaked? show us a picture of it all we will tell you what happened ... good luck...

Latest posts

Members online

Back