New to the nitro game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJPNut

Hi all! I started with this hobby last summer with a Losi mini eight and jumped to this beast last week lol. I bought a 4.6 rtr and already have a gallon thru it during break in. Gonna tune it up this weekend so any tips are welcome!?!?

I haven't broken anything yet lol but managed to add many hop-ups thanks to this great site! Anything else worthy while I still have a few bucks left?
  • DX4c radio and receiver
  • Proline Shockwaves on F11 rims
  • Ofna throttle mod variation
  • Hpi motor stop
  • Hpi wheelie bar
  • Hpi tuned pipe
  • Integy rear hub carriers
  • Integy throttle mixer
  • Rpm skid plate
  • Steering bearings
  • Hitec servos
  • Tenergy 1600 hump pack
  • White Hellfire springs
Oh and I'm running 25% Odonnells with OS #10 plug.
Thanks again guys...happy bashing!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site bigjpnut!

Looks like you've already gone through our must have first mods list. At this point I'd tell you to just drive it until you break stuff. Then we can help you upgrade from there.

When you get a chance post up some pics of your RCs. Always like to see other people toys.

welcome to the forum and to the rc addiction! we're glad to have you!
nice truck you have there. have any pics? we love pics :D.
I agree with x. it sounds like you have all of the "must have" mods plus some. I would just upgrade it when it breaks.
as for tuning tips, there is a whole tuning flow chart on rcnitrotalk forums, heres a link.....http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/nitro-tuning-tips-and-tuning-flow-chart.60832/#post-726317(you will have to go up a little, the post with the chart is at the top of the page)
its not a bad idea to read through the whole thread.....it can help you a lot.

I'm going to a local bashing spot Saturday and I'll snap a few pics...if the storm they are predicting passes by.

Last edited:
Host your pictures at Photobucket, you have to make an account, it is free, when you have them in your PB account use IMG copy and paste into your thread... they should show up full size in your post...

Members online

No members online now.
Back