NEW SHOCKS "Big Boys"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

well this is my latest purchace Yeah sorry there on my Aftershock. But the stock ones will be going on the savage...not to mention the Dynamite Platinum .28. You know I sealed the engine and checked it out The pinch on this motor is really insane more than any other motor I've had. I've got Four of them. all are Dynamite exept the stock HPI .25. I almost kinda scared to break in the .28 cuz the pinch is so tight.......You cant pull it over!!!!!!!
any way here are some pics.:10:

these shocks are really fun to jump with better than the smaller shocks that Ive used on the Savage...now need to get the conversion kit and make the savage with these....Also getting my garage cleaned up and organized!! things my start to happen...!!..Roll Bars...Porting of .25....ect.

Well I just happen to have a brand new kit lying around in my garage. I opened some of the small parts to look at, but never got round to fitting it. If your interested we can work something out ?

lst shocks

Savagecre you'll love the conversion, I've had mine on for a month and I can't see how I was jumping so high without them. Also this pic includes the new lrp28 that I've yet to start.:motorcycle:

HopIt yeah lets talk about it. What does it all include? and how much?

Blazer X that looks just like what I'm thinking about. just that my stock aftershock shocks will be on the savage..They are big and beefy to just not as beefy as the Integy...I'm lookin foward to getting your shipment this up commin week...

Man I am tired....Just got my garage all set up for NITRO lol its my place the MANS DOMAIN....lol

HopIt your in the U.K. how long would it take for you to ship that!!!! half way around the world..!

I'm in California!

HopIt yeah lets talk about it. What does it all include? and how much?

HopIt your in the U.K. how long would it take for you to ship that!!!! half way around the world..!

I'm in California!

It is the complete 5mm version of the kit, including full fitting instructions. Look here http://www.innovative-rc.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=21_24&products_id=48 Yours for £40 shipped.
It normally takes between 6-10 days from California to the U.K, but I not sure how long going the other way ? It should take the same or probabley less :Xfingers: because our customs sucks ! :blastaway:

PM me if your still interested.

Hey Hey Hopit it came today Tuesday But I had Jury Duty today so its at the post office I'll get it tomarrow.

This question if for anyone running the lst/aftershock/lst2 shocks. Did you try changing out the shock pistons and changing the oil weights. Or did you just switch to the losi shocks. Also when you switched over to the losi shocks what weight oil are you using in them? Finially can you tell me the pro's and cons to the losi shocks vs the stock savy shocks.

I changed mine because I think/hope they might be more durable, there is only four of them to look after,so maintainance, oil changing times etc is halved. There are some good hop ups for the LST shock that don't just look good, but add to the performance and durability. Things like hard annodised bodies and titanium nitride coated shock shafts.I'm not sure if you can get em for the standard shocks, but I've certainly never found any ! I found the HPI aluminium upgrade version to be pretty good to be honest. I ran them with stock pistons and settled for 30wt shock oil, I really don't have a problem with them, but I just love to upgrade, and the more functional it is the better ! I tried 40wt in the LSTs to start with,but even with a heavy Savage I found them a bit too firm for me. I have now changed it for 30wt, but have yet to run it. I hope it will be a bit more forgiving ! And besides all that, I love the look off them !!! :bling: :10:

When it comes to moderate jumping the stock shocks are fine imo. But when I'm getting big air and running 40 series tires the losi shocks are much more forgiving. I'm running 40 weight oil now, but probably drop to 30 also. I also wasn't planning on changing mine over but I ran across a deal on 8 lst2 shocks for 40$ new so I couldn't pass it up. The IRC kit is tough but get the 5mm, because I have already bent one of the back shock tower brackets on my second outing, I'd hate to see what the 3mm bracket would have looked like, lol..

Hopit, I got the package and there good cant wait to get them on.. not sure witch ones to put on. Stock or Integy....lol what a problem huh. My stock Aftershock shocks are well stock and the Integy has 25wt. stock pistons haven't tryed to change those yet

Hopit, I got the package and there good cant wait to get them on..

OK bro, thanks for letting me know. Glad they got there ok, but still can't believe it only took, what, five days ?! Can't figure out why it takes so long coming the other way, normally I have to wait between 9 - 14 days :dunno:

so losi ones don't bend shafts as easy when you say more fogiving? And thanks for the info.

Yea, the stock shocks with stock wheels and tires are ok but when I upsized to the 40 series, I started bending the front outside shocks everytime I ran at the church parking lot... that is where I jump from a paved parking lot onto a skateboard ramp down into a grass aquaduct.:10: :10: If I hit the ramp at full tilt I can usually get almost 3 seconds of air.

thanks for all the info guys, ive driven a aftershock and really liked how it handled and jumped just wasnt sure if it was due to that chasis design or the combination of that and the 40 series tires and bigger shocks. Been wanting to get a set for myself but i really haven't bent that many shocks think ive bent 3 in the past 6 months. And I'm not taking it easy on the truck either jumping on average 20+ feet the fartest ive jumped that i know of for sure was at the monster jam @ 36 feet 8 inches.

The aftershock has those big shocks and yes bigger rims and hex's but the tranny is well questionable. You don't get a lot of gear changes its like one or two sizes thats it. At least as far as I can see Although DOOBEEWHA has found a site that has different clutch bell thread on gears its well I'll post the site later cant find the address right now..sorry

Members online

No members online now.
Back