New Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher_Ed

For about three weeks now I have been enjoying my newly acquired Savage X 4.6. The guy i got this truck from was into some serious mudding. It was caked with mud in every crack and crevice when I got it. I like a good fast truck, but I also like a good looking truck. Tried as I might there was just no way to clean all that mud out without dismantling the truck. I finally took that plunge and here are the results:

16876797_DDW7Xx

img_6131-L.jpg

img_6132-L.jpg

img_6133-L.jpg

This thing was in bad condition (ran good, looked awful). I don't compete, race, or bash. As long as the truck runs well, I'm cool. But I am big on looks. I plan on replacing the body mounts since they are scuffed. I'm also planning to replace the aluminum plate under the skid with something that is NOT purple. I'm also looking for a cooling fin head that is NOT purple. I'm going to put on the HPI Tremor wheels with the low profile tires and a a new body. I was a very nervous about dismantling the truck, but everything went back together and the engine even started. I'm on a budget, so the completion might take some time. The cleaning of the truck and chassis is a small victory, but I'm really kinda proud of myself. Feel free to offer suggestions to make this thing look good.

You can also deanodize th purple one to a polsihed silver !

Sweet lookin savy you have there Ed.. Would've liked to seen what it looked liked before you cleaned it, just to see how dirty it was..

I didn't even think of taking pics until I was done. To get an idea, imagine someone running a Savage X through mud with no body. The first time I took the engine out to check/change the OWB it looked like it was bolted into dried mud. There were parts where the crud had to be removed by using a gasket scraper.

ed nice looking savage . i cant believe no one else saw this tho, your brake linkage looks like the brakes are wore out. the link from the tranny should be standing straight up. ill bet your brakes don't work so great

ed nice looking savage . i cant believe no one else saw this tho, your brake linkage looks like the brakes are wore out. the link from the tranny should be standing straight up. ill bet your brakes don't work so great

You're right. The brakes are marginal at best, but I don't know enough about the brake system to fix it. Where do I begin looking???

Latest posts

Members online

Back