New Savage Octane Owner! How we lookin? NOT GOOD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacon

I hope I am just jumping the gun on this, but I am a bit nervous about this truck. I talked myself out of this purchase several times, but the deal I got on it, Seemed at the time to be a goodun'. I paid 695 out the door. Any hoo, I charged the batteries over night, and after several pulls of the start cord, I finally got it to fire. WOW what a sound! I ran it real slow through the first tank. Put it back on the shelf. Later I got a few minutes and I tried to fire it back up. No go. I checked the spark and was getting no spark. I decided I had better charge the batteries again.

I only had about an hour (I know the book says 6 hrs) and tried it again. No bones. I guess I am going to charge it all night again. I ordered a couple of batteries from a chop shop.

Anyone know if there is a better battery hack for the ignition? I was looking to hang a couple of 7.4v batteries on side of the frame. That may be too redneck. I saw that the cdi was rated up over 6v. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

What type of pack is it? A NiMH hump pack i assume? If so, just get one with more mah. Btw, rednecking a truck isn't always bad. As long as it works and looks decent

The packs that are in it now is what came with it. The ones I bought was a 6v 1600mah NiMH. And the "looks decent" is what concerned me about the "rednecking".

Or you can try this:
Savage Octane High Capacity LiPo Battery Mod:

I went LiPo with my nitro savage have a 2100mah LiPo works great. Just my .02 cents :D

Thanks for the heads up! I check my stuff before heading out this morn. Still no spark. I did find a broken pin in a connector. I bypassed the switch and got spark now. So I guess I will run without a switch for now.

Anyone know if I need to register my truck with hpi?

Also, who is a good chop shop on e bay for savage stuff? I have a good traxxas guy but the savage stuff is all new to me..

Would the cdi cause any interfere with servos if I was to hook both of the hump packs in parallel? I thought of doing this and put one main switch and also hook in a plug on the outside to charge both batteries at one time. Anyone see issues with this?

Latest posts

Members online

Back