New Savage Announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice find,lets hope they come out in the U.S. and canada cuz i have noticed hpi europe has models that are never for sale elsewere

Cool stuff! I would of liked to get the 5sc ss kit version! Oh well, got the rtr ! Lots of new goodies!

WOW nice find.
I have to admit that this new X body looks sweet

IMG_4077_e.jpg

I cant wait for the savage mini. Hope its better tahn a merv. Its all abouit the diffs lol

if they allowed the sav mini to accept 1:8 diffs then that would be awesome!!!!

the thing i don't understand on the 1/8 savage x is there still using the same fuel tank setup and it still doesnt come with a center skid plate which i think is important for protecting the drivetrain.......

yes... it is crazy they haven't rectified that problem... at least it leaves a little modding for the enthusiast

ya thats true enough, and if they added all the little things to it would cost alot more I'm sure!!! lol

hpi should make there own midtank kit,so you have the option of midtanking it and sticking with hpi parts,everyone seems to be doing it,they would make a killing i think!!

Last edited by a moderator:
finally they are starting to offer waterproof servos, maybe one day there will be a completely waterproof electronics set up.

ya i was happy to see the waterproof servo's to,most of the other companies have been doing that for a bit now..

Great link!
I think the orange anodizing is going to look really sharp on the X update! I like orange :)

I'd defently have to add the 5sc ss and the mini savage to the wishlist. The nano would be perfect for the house :) rockout

hpi should make there own midtank kit,so you have the option of midtanking it and sticking with hpi parts,everyone seems to be doing it,they would make a killing i think!!

X2....That would be awesome!

hmm to have an honest opinion, the new savage x4.6 isn't all that Special. All they did was replace the plastic parts with a few metal ones, change the body, the shocks, and paint it different. Not that special if you ask me

hmm to have an honest opinion, the new savage x4.6 isn't all that Special. All they did was replace the plastic parts with a few metal ones, change the body, the shocks, and paint it different. Not that special if you ask me

List of things that have been updates

• Sintered Bulletproof diff gears (bigger module)
• Big Bore plastic shocks
• New GT-3 Bodyshell
• New Paint Scheme
• Orange Aluminium Anodizing
• Black Chrome Wheels
• Waterproof Servos

The Savage X 4.6 has been updated with a host of cool options and durability upgrades, plus a brand new bodyshell with an all-new graphic design!

List of things that have been updates

• Sintered Bulletproof diff gears (bigger module)
• Big Bore plastic shocks
l

• Waterproof Servos

The Savage X 4.6 has been updated with a host of cool options and durability upgrades, plus a brand new bodyshell with an all-new graphic design!

Lets be honest here. When you go to purchase a brand new nitro truck you don't purchase a specific truck because of its color's and paint scheme. YOu purchase it for the quality. All that HPI did was what you mentioned which is not a lot if you ask me, they changed the body and the colors to give us the look that they have a brand new model. How much will it cost, anyone know?

I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I opened the announcement email. The 5sc has been out for a little while now and the new Savy just didn't impress me. I think they could have done a little more than diffs and shocks.

Maybe change the design of the TVP some and make them thicker? A center skid would have been a big plus too. Oh! and aluminum rear carriers.

It seems HPI got a little lazy on this release.

Lets be honest here. When you go to purchase a brand new nitro truck you don't purchase a specific truck because of its color's and paint scheme. YOu purchase it for the quality. All that HPI did was what you mentioned which is not a lot if you ask me, they changed the body and the colors to give us the look that they have a brand new model. How much will it cost, anyone know?

What about all the other savage ?
X, X SS, XL there all the same. Just different bodies, diffs, tvps, engines ect ect

There are three great upgrades to the platform. The big bore shocks, bullet proof diffs, and water proof servos! Lets face the reality of this though who is going to spend the money that they want for a new Savage when most of us have already done these upgrades to our current Savages. All and all I say good for them, this is great for some one buying there first Savage.

You also get a throttle servo and rx with the rtr for the money. Those don't come in the kit so your in for another $150 or so for that on top of the kit and thats only if you have your own radio. People who don't would have to spend even more than that on the kit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back