New Radio. Nomadio or Spektrum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBikerTim

Brushless Power!!!
I'm need a new radio. The stock savage receiver died. I have another 27mhz receiver from my mini t to keep me going for the time being but I really want something that works and doesn't glitch like the 27mhz.

Anyway I was going to get the DX3.0 (2 receivers and cheap)then the DX3R expensive but newer with more features. Now I am considering the nomadio react. It looks good and it's cheaper then the dx3r (the dx3r may come with 2 receivers though). Which do people recommend? Also where is the best place to get the nomadio from?

if it's 75mhz I can't use it. I really don't want to have antennas anyway. I go through antenna tubes at a ridiculous rate. I normally destroy at least one an outing. I once destroyed one in about 30 seconds of putting it on.

I use the Spektrum dx3 and love it...JT and I have a lot of interference around where we usually run and it was terrible with the stock radio...always really twitchy. We both switched to the dx3 and haven't had any problems since. My recommendation would be any of the Spektrum radios.

I really can't decide which radio to get. Also struggling to get the cash to pay for whatever i get too. Stupid 1:1 car costs too much.

So in the end I ordered the DX3.0. It was cheap and came with 2 receivers. What I have to say though is a big thank you to Killerhobbies.com for the ridiculously fast service. I ordered this late on thursday night in australia (thursday morning in the us). It was posted by the time I got up in the morning on friday and I have in my hands now less then a week later by usps. I have to that was quick and they gave me a free losi t-shirt.

I have to say the DX3.0 I got isn't too bad. I have to say though it is not glitch free by any means though. I have one receiver which is useless at close range. I have to walk away from the car to get it to work correctly. The other receiver works much better. It does have a few issues in my garage but that is the only location it glitches that I have found. I have sent horizon hobbies an e-mail to hopefully get the one receiver replaced so I'll have see what happens.

Hate to say but Nomadio knows what they are doing when it comes to Spectrum Nomadio has been doing for a long time. Check out there site and see just how this came about, pretty interesting...

This is taken from SMF:

Nomadio Sensor 2.4GHz System w/Sensors - #100
[NOM100] $374.99 $349.99

In Stock

This is it, the real deal, the one everyone's talking about! This is the full Nomadio Sensor 2.4GHz setup, including: transmitter, transceiver, temperature sensor, voltage sensor, speed sensor, USB cable, rechargeable batteries, battery charger, user manual, and software CD! U.S. version only.

More from Nomadio:

NO MORE CRYSTAL RADIOS OR FREQUENCY CLIPS
Sensor uses digital 2.4Ghz spread spectrum radio technology. Just like your cell phone, Sensor finds a clear channel automatically without you ever having to deal with frequency crystals or glitches again. Unlike clumsy “bolt on†DSS radios, Sensor’s is built to take advantage of DSS speed and accuracy.

REAL TIME TELEMETRY
Sensor’s digital radio is two way, not one way, like crystal radios. That means that for the first time, with optional sensors, Sensor gives you real time reports of the condition of your car while you are driving it, such as speed, temperature and battery voltage. Also, the system is expandable and we will be releasing several exciting new sensors over the coming year. Unlike clumsy “bolt on†telemetry systems, You'll never have extra boxes and wires to contend with... Sensor’s is fully integrated into the controller.

HEADS UP COMPETITION DRIVING SYSTEM
Sensor gives you important alerts about your car without requiring you to take your eyes off the track. It does this with an integrated sound and vibration system that allows you to program what you want to know and how you want to be told. You can use headphones to keep your alerts private, too.

BRAINS AND BANDWIDTH IN YOUR RC CAR
For the first time, there is a microcontroller brain in your RC car. This breakthrough will enable all sorts of new and interesting capabilities for RC. For example, there is no need to spend money for a dedicated failsafe unit - Sensor's is built in. The onboard microprocessor knows what to do in the event of a loss of communication. This sort of thing is impossible with "dumb" analog crystal radios.

IT’S RIDICULOUSLY FAST
Sensor’s design team optimized its digital brain for incredible speed and accuracy. The system sends control and telemetry updates to and from the car 100 times per second, with a resolution of 4096 steps per channel.

IT’S A PC-CONNECTED PERIPHERAL
Sensor was designed to use your PC to make it incredibly easy to program, back up, analyze, and update. Once you register your Sensor at Nomadio’s web site, we’ll automatically tell you when new software is available to add or improve functions on your Sensor. No other RC product offers Sensor’s future upgrade capability. There will even be a developer’s kit to allow third parties to develop software and expansion hardware for the Sensor system.

This particular radio has everything you could ever think of, Cost I have yet to find one for less than what SMF sells it for.

yeah i would of loved to of bought the react but basically i couldn't afford or justify the cost. I also like the smaller receivers of the spektrum (when they work). Nomadios are defiantly the radio to get.

Latest posts

Members online

Back