New Project! Schumacher Havoc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

votefordurden2008

This is the new project I'm working on now. I was contemplating buying another savage, or an LST2 but I decided I wanted to do something totally different and something not seen here in the states much. Schumacher Havoc time! I picked her up used off ebay, she was not described accurately. Lots of stuff bent and broken. Kinda wish at this point I just went with a brand new ARTR model but meh, this will do the trick. Thing was dirty as all hell when I got it. Some people just don't take good care of their stuff. Took the truck completely apart except for the diff because I don't have the proper lube (giggity) to put her back together yet. For those who don't know shes a single speed with a ball diff.

Took the engine completely apart, resealed and flushed it out. Not much pinch left on her but no scours really. Carb got the same treatment, lubed all the orings up and sealed her up. Front hub axle was bent. Bent her back as best as I could until I can get a new one. Took her out for a drive and wee, what a ride. Shes a handful, slow to take off but once it hits the power band hold the F on. Faster then the 4.6, but hurting on the torque side. It still needs to be tuned properly. Only ran a tank through when I heard some chattering from the diff or clutch, cant tell which.

Going to rebuild and see where it takes me. I've got plans for her :) Oh yes, plans...

that looks very lite, should be fast.

keep us updated.

what engine is in it now.

two wheel or four wheel dr4ive?

Info

It comes stock with a thunder tiger .28 pro engine (4.6). Two wheel drive with no slipper clutch, she has a ball differential. Very no fuss no muss, 4mm t6 6082 chassis, everything on the truck is ultra beefy out of the box. Truck has a surprising amount of articulation for the way the shocks are set up. The shocks are actually a very stupidly genius design. The tops of the shocks do not screw off or on, the tops are sealed completely. Instead your oil is filled through the bottom of the shock .. hence no more blown shock caps from hard landings. Comes stock with variable springs which seem to be A+ so far.

I've only ran a little over a tank through it, all I know so far is what its done in an open parking lot. Its fast... I could only relate it to driving something with turbo lag... wurrrrrrrrrr WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I don't want to throw out bogus claims, but it put a whooping on an MGT and its visually faster then my old savage X-SS. High 40's mph wise. But I want more torque, I'm thinking LRP spec 3 is in my future :) Top speed is irrelevant except for bragging rights. I want usable grunt.

update

Resealed the carb and things seem to be a lot better now :) woot for now, we shall see what happens, I have about 4 RC itches that need scratching so I'm working on a 2wd and a 4wd at the same time, more info to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it can bud.. it happened allot when the line is close to the header.. so it wont start (very easy ) when motor is hot ??? sounds like there is a worn out sleeve.. How much pinch to you have ?

nice truck btw .. glad to see you have a nitro again

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back