[New Product] Pro-Line Caliber Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

For those of you that have gotten your lastest RC Car Action, RC Driver, or XRC magazine, you have probably already seen the new Pro-Line Caliber tires. But for those of you who haven't, here they are.

Pro-Line said:
The 1:8 Truck class has advanced significantly in the past few years from chassis configurations, suspension, drive train technology and other advancements. Wheels and tires are no exception to this and today, Pro-Line introduces the next generation of wheel and tire combination with the VTR line.

The Caliber takes tire technology to the next level by optimizing traction, control, balance, and tire wear with it’s dual-stage design. Already a champion at several events around the country before its release, the Caliber VTR hits the market running.

VTR is already the choice of champions:

* 2009 Silver State Nitro Challenge Champion
* 2009 Canadian Indoor Off-Road Shootout Champion – Chad Bradley
* 2009 JBRL rounds #1 and #2 winner in 1:8 Truck – Ryan Cavalieri
* The 2009 Hank Perry 240 Champion in 1:8 Truck – Rick McCrery
* 2009 Memorial Day Shootout 1:8 Truck Champion – Phillip Atondo

"After watching Josh Wheelers cars at the NATS warmup race, M2 and XTR Calibers on buggy and [Caliber VTR on] truck were AMAZING! That is about all I am planning on running at nats. Can't wait..." ~Chad Brosseau

Caliber VTR Features:

* Dual-stage pin design for exceptional tread life
* Small top pin for light to heavy loose dirt
* Base pin extraordinary on hard-packed/blue-groove surfaces
* Square-lug technology throughout the tread design
* Directional tread for two different handling characteristics
* Available in World Championship/extremely proprietary XTR, M2, and M3 compounds

VTR Features:

* Forward thinking 1:8 style mounting beads for increased bonding strength and easy mounting ability
* Next generation long-lasting Molded Foam Inserts
* The lightest 1:8 Truck wheel, tire, and foam combination available. Only 194 grams total weight
* Balancing virtually unnecessary
* Textured bonding surfaces with molded in glue channel
* Narrow tire profile reduces sidewall flex while increasing agility and responsiveness
* Packaged together with w resealable bag complete with tire selection chart, tire performance tracking log, and tire identification ID labels
* Tires and wheels designed, developed and made completely right here in the USA
* A collaborative effort between World Champions Ryan Cavalieri, Billy Easton and Pro-Line’s dedicated in-house engineering team – you’re getting the best of all worlds

What’s included:

* Caliber tire (2)
* Next generation long-lasting Molded Foam Inserts (2)
* Resealable bag (1)
* Tire ID labels (1 sheet)

687.jpg

687_2_.jpg

687_3_.jpg

687_4_.jpg

They're available in three compounds, XTR (soft), M2 (super soft), and M3 (ultra-soft). I don't know about you guys but these tires are dead sexy. I do believe I heard some where that these are actually lighter than crimefighters. The only bad thing about these is you can't mount them on beadlocks.

untitled.png

Link- http://www.prolineracing.com/p-687-caliber-vtr-40-off-road-18-truck-tires-2-for-front-or-rear.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like they would perform really well but I just like the look of a beefier tire more, rather than a low-profile. I bet they will be sweet for racers though.

Thanks FX, i been looking for some new lightweight tyres n wheels lately, might give these a go and cheers for putting up the compound chart, id never seen that before and wondered what all the colored dots were.

Londoner, this is only a guess but when I got my badlands there was a colored dot on one tire in each package. I think that is how they sort them to keep track of the different compounds at the factory or something.

Thanks FX, i been looking for some new lightweight tyres n wheels lately, might give these a go and cheers for putting up the compound chart, id never seen that before and wondered what all the colored dots were.
If you do get them please do a little review. I'm also interested in these tires.

Londoner, this is only a guess but when I got my badlands there was a colored dot on one tire in each package. I think that is how they sort them to keep track of the different compounds at the factory or something.

hmm.. i was told the dot was so you mount two tires dot out, two dot in so you tread them right.

Any info on the foam inserts? I have the "old generation" inserts, and I'm wondering how the new ones are different.

Any info on the foam inserts? I have the "old generation" inserts, and I'm wondering how the new ones are different.

I believe they're supposed to be lighter than the old ones. That's all I know.

If you do get them please do a little review. I'm also interested in these tires.

Just ordered the caliber VTR 4.0" M2 tyres and Velocity VTR 4.0" 1/2 offset rims, should be with me at some point next week, il post back how i get on with them.

Just ordered the caliber VTR 4.0" M2 tyres and Velocity VTR 4.0" 1/2 offset rims, should be with me at some point next week, il post back how i get on with them.

Sounds good I'm looking forward to it.

Just recieved them.

004-13.jpg

008-12.jpg

006-12.jpg

Theyre quite a narrow wheel/tyre for 1:8 trucks, kinda like a bigger buggy wheel/tyre.

Il get them all glued up a bit later and post pics how they look mounted on the truck, then hopefully if the rest of my bits arrive this week il do a small review in the review section after iv run them.

Got them glued and mounted up, they really are narrower than i thought, the diameter of the rim is the same as 40 series at 4", just a much narrower and lighter version.

I didnt belt them because i really cant see them balloning up much as they are so narrow, moulded foams and low profile sidewalls.

068.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

A couple of my drivers use them and they are awesome, if the track has blue groove they stick like Velcro. They are more geared towards the racers but that doesn't mean you can't put them on for bashing lol.

Cool, i mostly run on either short grass, hard pack or loose gravel here n there, occasional pavement/road use.

I don't race but was after a good racing style wheel and tyre set, but i don't bash hard either, no big air or anything, not yet anyway lol

Thanks for posting this up. They look awesome. Maybe your massive LST shock make them look even smaller. :dunno:

Yes, exactly! Thats what i think, the horrible big heavy cumbersome things are coming off as soon as my big bores arrive, then maybe the wheels will look more in proportion.

Going from 40 series beadlocks with big Joes to these i can really feel the weight loss off the truck, when the postman handed me the mail bag i really didnt think there was a set of wheels and tyres inside it was so light.

Latest posts

Members online

Back