new mill and pipe help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasavage

I went to the hobbystore in Ausin today looking for a new mill. here is what I found.

osmg2077 for $199 and came with a pull start
osmg2076 for $175 no pull start but is designed for the savage

-os web page-

I want a pullstart and these have the same specs so the "2077" model shouldn't be a problem with the savage right? Because the "2076" one says designed to use with the savage.
Or should I wait for the Lrp .28? Which is a better mill?

Also I want to get away from the Buku, and I wanted the ofna 086 but all they have is the jp-1 -2 and 4 versions there.
(info off towerhobbies)
1 is a low to mid range pipe
2 just says more top end than the 1
4 is a mid to top range pipe
anyone run any of these?
Or should I hold out for the 086 from ofna?

If you have any experiance with these please help me out, I'm trying to get back up and running as soon as I can. Sorry if I sound jumbled, but I just got back and they close in a couple of hours so I rushed this post.

Thanks
Tobias

you may wanna check motors out side by side...their website shows 2 different part numbers for the crank, starting shaft,and screw set on each of those 2 motors....one is specifically for a roto start and possibly other differences

Yeah I noticed the differant part numbers on that as well, I was thinking that might be the same issue everyone was running into with the lrp .30 trying to convert to pull start. I didn't even think about putting them side by side, I was in such a hurry to get back home and see what you guys thought, since it is about an hour drive from my house.

This is a quote off their website
"Savage owners can upgrade to 30VG power and speed with no mods and minimum work. It’s not only designed for use with the Savage clutch assembly, but with the Roto Start Ignition system, too."

I don't care for the roto start so that's why I was wondering about the pull start version.
What does it mean with the Savage clutch assembly? Both are SG cranks.:dunno:

better as far performance, tunability, or reliability?
I'm looking for something reliable, not so worried about having the fastest. I just figured that os was a reliable mill, plus that's what they had in stock locally.
Thanks for the info grumpy :)
Tobias

there may be a slight difference in crankshaft lengths on the two motors as far as what length of the shaft comes out the front of the block, but without a side by side comparison it will be almost impossible to tell all the differences

That might be what they mean by "designed for use with the Savage clutch assembly". I haven't had a chance to make it back down there yet, was planning on today but I got busy with a honey do list :dmt:

although "ohmygahitscoby" didn't mention any problems when he mounted his osmg2077 (pullstart version)
2n8x93l.png

link to coby's thread

Hopefully I can make it early this week sometime and I'll let you know.
Thanks
Tobias

I think the 2076 is the rotostart one. The backplate is different and the starting shaft also. The rest is the same. I just converted my nephews 77 to a 76.

Jimmy,
Your right, the 2076 is the roto start version. And now that you say that I'm looking at the expoided view and that's the only differance! must have been crossed eyed at the moment :)
So between the 2 you like the lrp better? Could you rate them as far performance, tunability, or reliability?

Thanks!
Tobias

Both are easy to tune and reliable. OS has a better rep for quality, but many happy LRP guys here.

Performance the LRP will kill the OS on the top end. OS winds out quick.

thanks for the info! I wish I could buy them all, that would make things alot easier. I just need to hurry up and decide:bad pc:

I know we are past the pull start issue but I was thinking if you had a 2076(rotostart savage version) couldn't you convert it to pull start by just throwing on a hpi f series pullstart (hpi1428) ?

Any new info on the picco .28's yet?

Well I ordered the Lrp .28 and Ofna 086 last night, can't wait! :FarleyParty:

Still wondering about the f series pullstart working on the os.30 with the savage rotostart though. I'd think so, if you can swap the pull and rotostart without anything else on the .25. Just been thinking about it.

Tobias

hey
i have a lrp zr.30 and today when i went to tune it after break in it revs extremely high with the stock varb settings can anyone tell me what is causing this or if its normal
there are no airleaks
or losen screws
thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back