New LiPo ... Does it need to balance before charges ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vios8820

as the title say ~ New LiPo ... Does it need to balance before charges ?
or just charge directly ?

and i have Dx3s so that can i install telemetry ep car ? can the SR3300T handle LiPo battery ? or i better use another non telemetry rx ?

any reply in this would be higly appreciated

tq

best regard's
fei

or just charge directly ?

and i have Dx3s so that can i install telemetry ep car ? can the SR3300T handle LiPo battery ? or i better use another non telemetry rx ?

any reply in this would be higly appreciated

tq

best regard's
fei

I have been told by the LHS that LiPo's don't need charging when new, but I have proof otherwise. Always use a balancer when charging your LiPo packs.

What setup do you have that you are installing this LiPo into?

Taking any chances out of the equation, yes, i would balance on first charge. Can't hurt anything by balancing, can possibly destroy your packs (and r/c) if you don't https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12613

a quality charger will charge through the balance tap (or similar) so that if an unbalanced cell is detected, it will slow down the charge process allowing the cell to "catch up."

A "bo-janky" charger will alert you to the problem and shut off without a means of resolving it.

can the SR3300T handle LiPo battery ?

you can use ANY Rx with ANY brushless ESC.

** BUT, **

if your using a castle MMM ESC as found in the flux and MMM system has a built in BEC that limits the voltage passed on to the Rx to less than 6V regardless of the LiPo voltage input to the ESC

if your using an ESC other than castle MMM, then you need to check with the manufacturer. You may need to purchase and external BEC and set the output voltage to a rate that your Rx can handle.

a quality charger will charge through the balance tap (or similar) so that if an unbalanced cell is detected, it will slow down the charge process allowing the cell to "catch up."

Since you got all technical I'll expand a bit. hehehe :crazy:

You charge through the normal wires and balance through the tap. Some people actually charge LiPo packs through the balance tap only. Limited to 300mA could take a while...LOL.

The better chargers will balance to the lowest voltage cell...don't know how they all work though.

Since you got all technical I'll expand a bit. hehehe :crazy:

You charge through the normal wires and balance through the tap. Some people actually charge LiPo packs through the balance tap only. Limited to 300mA could take a while...LOL.

The better chargers will balance to the lowest voltage cell...don't know how they all work though.

yep, glad you expanded & please note that i threw in the (or similar) disclaimer so i wouldnt have to type all that.

you make a great point about balancing to the lowest voltage cell which was the decision maker when i bought the duo which will do this between both packs.

not sure if thats why bankrupter is networking 2 x 720 net3's, but its sure to be a huge bonus even if it wasnt

Members online

No members online now.
Back