New life for a Jato

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jt

I got this Jato in trade for some work and parts, here is a pic of it when I got it.

jatostart.jpg

I overhauled it and now this is what it looks like.

jatofinish1.jpg

jatofinish2.jpg

jatofinish.jpg

New parts added are some RPM blue a-arms and front bumper, MIP ball diff and front axles, Hex Heads screw kit by Hexcrews, a top plate brace from Aggressive Technologies, 17mm wheel hex conversion from New Era, Traxxas Blue tuned Resonator Pipe, Golden Horizons Blue Aluminum rear hubs. I am sure there is some other bits that I am missing.

Let me know what you think of the newest addition to the r/c garage.

looks very nice JT. alot better then it use to. i know that it had a hard life lol. i hope that you get alot of enjoyment out of it. Again you did very well cant wait to see the body

You told me you babied it. :hardlaugh: This is the wifes new ride so don't expect a "guy" paint job on the new body...most likely butterflies and flowers :puke: lol

cant wate to see the body then lol. but great job it looks alot better. it looks nearly new. great job.
4x4

Is that a 2.5R JATO?

Funny thing is the JATO will most likely be one of the fastest RC you own. Traxxas needs to make a $wd version of the JATO to really ba able to use the power of the new 3.3R engine.

Overhaul looks great, the 17mm conversion is also a nice setup, very nicely done.

Is that a 2.5R JATO?
Overhaul looks great, the 17mm conversion is also a nice setup, very nicely done.

Yes it is only a 2.5 (with a monster of a cooling head), with the 17mm conversion I figure I can rotate the tires and get more use out of all of them rather than just burning through the rears all the time.

Looks real nice much better than it did. Is that the fuel filter with the priming bulb I see?

No priming bulb just a fuel filter

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, wasn't really expecting many responses on a savage forum.

Thanks for looking and for taking the time to post to all that posted.

Any RC that is capible of the speeds the JATO is has to be respected. I have a 3.3R in my JATO and it is the truck that impresses everyone with it's speed.

Don't get me wrong the Savage and Hellfire move, just not like the JATO. 50 MPH wheelies FTW:jamout:

Latest posts

Members online

Back