New Kawasaki Quad paint job finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate, I do try. LOL. Think it looks better with the black wheels and black pipe, what do you think?
Haha I have a secret supply of these volt indicators. as hard to find at moment. also found a place that has the original HPI unit but they are £25. Which ever I buy will now have to wait till payday at the end of the month, Have had to buy a new exhaust & wing mirror for my daily runner which has put a big hole in my Savage funds.👎

Lol, you better hold onto them then mate as when I spoke to them direct about dip switch positions, guy said he thought they were discontinued awhile ago hence why WS have had them on back order for months! 👎🏻

Yer to true, were discontinued when I told you about them mate and were hard to find back then, but if you trawl the web like I do for Savage parts you will be amazed at how many small model shops have these sort of discontinued parts still in their inventory. may have to ship them in from abroad sometimes but they are out there just waiting to be bought. It's like the Bounty Hunter bodyshell I purchased, got 2 from Greece, had 5 in stock yet discontinued for years. Also the 3 Safety Engine Stop Systems, got them from a model store in the Sates. Shop around and you will find. Even found a piston & sleeve set for the K5.9 mill new but they want £95+postage. Even I have my limits as to what I will pay, LOL.

Yes prefer black Fastrax wheels but would stick with shiny chrome exhaust if you can mate! 👍🏻
Good glad about that, thought the black set looked better myself, they are still huge but an inch smaller and have 17mm hubs.
The exhaust was a non-starter from the beginning mate, the pressure return pipe from the exhaust had to be inboard of the TVP, stuck between it and the gearbox case. All I had in my parts bin was the composite one so had to do. Will probably melt tho like all the others. Thinking about getting another rear outlet pipe like I have on the Yellow Truckzilla No.5. They are dirt cheap, look good & I don't really find any performance difference over the HPI tuned pipe. Also will mean I will beable to drop the bodyshell down abit lower once I have fitted the F4.6 v2 block & cooling head to it. As you can see from the photos the body almost sits on the exhaust so even when I have the new block & head won't beable to lower the shell anymore with a side exit pipe.

Yes too true about tracking down savage parts, was desperate to purchase the HPI engine stop myself & found a model shop up Yorkshire way that had just the one! 👍🏻

HPI are producing the black ally version only which seems crazy to me, this is when you need to know someone who can re-chrome metal parts for you, Lol!

personally I don't mind the black one, just like the pressure outlet to be on top of the pipe. You can always pop them into a bath of Acetate to get the paint off then just polish up the ally. That silver one I just took off the ATV was black to start with. A couple of hours in the Acetate and it was pure shiny ally.

HPI are producing the black ally version only which seems crazy to me, this is when you need to know someone who can re-chrome metal parts for you, Lol!
If I remember right good old Oven Cleaner will remove the black anno, then you can polish the pipe with aluminum polish... mine was used and abused and i polished it all out... The manifold was worst, dented and scarred all up, I cleaned and filed all the damage away then filled with jb weld putty, no leaks and the exhaust actually came out pretty nice, these is what I got in the box of parts and pieces....Mikes Savage 015.jpgDSCN1934.jpgMikes Savage 005.jpgDSCN6727.JPGMikes Savage 015.jpgDSCN1934.jpgMikes Savage 005.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN6724.JPG
    DSCN6724.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 2
personally I don't mind the black one, just like the pressure outlet to be on top of the pipe. You can always pop them into a bath of Acetate to get the paint off then just polish up the ally. That silver one I just took off the ATV was black to start with. A couple of hours in the Acetate and it was pure shiny ally.
To be honest, i must say that if you wait long enough that black what HPI use on their pipes will fall off on it's own over time. Have had a couple of HPI Pulse black exhausts and the paint just flakes right off all by its self.
And the overall quality of their spares since their re-release and the fact that the parts are now made in China and not Taiwan is piss poor to say the least.

Yes mate, how funny. Not even me would pay that for it, and that's the stating bid. Does look to be in very good nick but advertised as a used item. got it bookmarked just to see if anyone puts a bid on it.
To be honest apart from the bugle in the seat there isn't tp much difference between the Kawasaki KFX shell and the e-savage GT550twin which I got, both are the same size as I have the original Kawasaki shell still which mine came with.
Their is someone else selling what they state to be an original Savage Kawasaki as something like £230 starting bid, but hasn't got the shell, rider, bars or wheels. Got a 4.6 motor and plastic cage which as you can see the ATV never had a roll cage as don't fit under the shell and came with .25 mill, has got green springs though.
Also a good one complete on eBay Germany for £565

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225131832176
1666206254169.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274347403979
1666206314654.png

Last edited:
Stripped the silver paint off the exhaust and gave it a quick polish, looks alot better and will do till I get a replacement,

1666205656053.jpeg
1666205726756.jpeg
1666205758934.jpeg
Will either put an old savage 25 ally pipe on, found 2 for £28 each or this one I found on eBay which has the nipple on the top.

1666205534566.png

Last edited:
Nice mate good find with exhaust!👍🏻
Yes silly money for them! 👎🏻
Hi mate, yes like this pipe, but still may get the one from RCScrapyard as for the price it looks good and seems to work well on the K4.6 in the Truckzilla. but then now it's in raw ally may just put an angled silicon exhaust extension on it to angle it down and away from the tyres.
1666212011186.png

LOL yes silly money to say the least. Mine is just a parts bin special with a £50 mill, £22 proline copy shell and a £4 set of handle bars, No point having the rider unless its just going to be a shelf queen as the wollly keeps falling off when you flip or roll the truck.
Think I might start putting a few more of these together, As Delboy said 'this time next year we're be millionaires Rodney.!'😜

Hi mate yes but still over priced for what it is!
Have you not always used a angled silicon exhaust extension on your exhausts ?

Have stuck the Quad on a set of ZD Racing 150mm metallic red rims, Do you think it looks better or worse than when on the 170mm Eagle 6 spokes or the Truckzilla 180mm ones.
The main reason I have changes these rims is because of the weight, these 170mm rims weigh a bloody ton. Can't believe the difference in weight of the truck with the 150mm rims on it . Although it still feels like a lard bucket compared to a standard savage 25. The 4.6 mill most add alot of weight as this truck is basically a standard 25 with an ally centre skid plate and an F4.6 mill.

This is with the Truckzilla 180mm(7") Rims.
1666386243993.jpeg

This is with the Eagle 6 Spoke 170mm (6 3/4") Rims.
1666386719037.jpeg

This is with the ZD Racing Red metallic 150mm (6") Rims.
1666386986891.jpeg

Yes mate think the red rims look a lot better with red on b/shell! 👍🏻
Cheers Bro, great minds must think alike 👍, wasn't to sure if they would looked abit small, but the more I look at it the more I like them. Only problem is, the Yellow Truckzilla now has the 170mm wheels fitted to it, they look ok cause of the size of the rig but will screw up the performance as running quite high gearing. The quad on the other hand should be psycho now as it's running a 14t clutch with a 49t spur on 9/29t diffs, may need to buy a wheelie bar for it.

K4.6HO Savage Truckzilla with 170mm Eagle 6 Spoke Wheels.
1666389260719.jpeg1666389099082.jpeg
1666389308273.jpeg

Wow!!. I don't believe this but someone actually bought this shell for £110 including postage. A nutter or a collector. Had damage to rear wheel arche aswell.
But then thinking about it, I can't really talk as just about to import a Plymouth Hemi Cuda shell for one of my Savages from Sydney Australia. Not going to cost me quite that much and it is still new in the bag. But still mad. 🤨👍
1666438498831.png1666438474788.png
1666438803964.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back