New Innovative-RC Low CG kit has arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes do remember drilling my own excess hole on my 21 originals & not having to do the same on X version!
Innovative surly has sent you wrong skid plate in kit which is annoying & does like mine do one which closes up gaps better each end!
What part have you used from biro pens the springs?
Yes see post about Innovative from 2019, but fingers crossed he’s turning a corner now as we both know his parts are top notch! 👍🏻
Not to worried about the gaps in skid plate but like i said could just get a piece of ally plate if it does bother me but will probably remove it anyway as don't go anywhere with my trucks to get dirt or debris up in them and the amount of time I spend fiddling around with them, it will be off more than on.
LOL, yes the springs from the pens mate. They work really well just can't write any letters now 😜🤪.
As for Robert well we will have to wait and see, but it's abit concerning that this issue has been going on this long. Thought it was a recent thing. As you say his products are top notch and very well priced, no rip off mark up on them. He has alot of parts on his site I want but with them all showing nil stock and the fact that can't replies to mails about them you don't know if he will make them for you as he did with my kit or just refund the money. If he is showing the item as live stock as he did with the front extended driveshaft then he ships it straight away.
It's a hard one to call bud. Fantastic products at great prices but just wish he would communicate more, I want to get a couple of sets of his heavy duty 9mm x 123mm nickel plated dog bones, they look the bollocks and have mailed him about this but as he is showing nil stock and not replied to my mails about a purchase I am reluctant to buy them incase the purchase just gets refunded.

You know what mate, have just put the new build on the floor to get off the kitchen worktop and when I looked at it from above, it's almost got a square footprint, take the bumpers off and it is square, this puppy is well wide. 560mm long & 490mm wide. A width of almost 1/2 a metre, not much chance of this flipping over when cornering.
1669484921624.jpeg

Last edited:
Lol very true about your comment about having skid plate off more then on, just thought/let you know about the same issue I had with it & to ease your OCD! 😂🤣
Yes does look very wide, be interested how it turns/corners mate?

Lol very true about your comment about having skid plate off more then on, just thought/let you know about the same issue I had with it & to ease your OCD! 😂🤣
Yes does look very wide, be interested how it turns/corners mate?
Ha-ha, RMFLMAO, 🤪😜🤣, yes it's strange that it don't bother me that much or my OCD 😛. Which is strange as the slightest thing that anit rite usually does. Maybe it a sign that it will be coming off, but until you mentioned that yours doesn't have the gaps I wasn't bothered anyway, Cheers mate 😈😈🤪😠!!!. LOL.

It will turn corners just fine, the geometry of the steering is the same no matter how wide it is. plus it has the length to cope with it. Remember I drive as truck for a living.🤞👍

Guinnessdublin you anit noticed yet that I have changed the spring, these ani't those orange soft old spring you sold me, these are a set of purple SS heavy duty ones sprayed orange. They are alot brighter than the HPI ones. Thought they were to soft for this build so will keep them for the next one. And before you start thinking that paint wont last long, they were stripped back to metal in a bath of Acetate then painted with Tamiya TS paint and then lacquered with a flexible nitro fuel resistant flexible top coat. 😜 😀😘
Only thing is, it has raised the ride height by about 8mm but hay-ho that's life. Had to change all the bloody seals in them tho, top and bottom ones to stop them leaking, but they are all good now. Got them running on 35wt oil.

Not mate, the orange HPI ones are very soft and thought that this truck being low needed firmer ones. Don't want it bottoming out and scratching my new skid plates which are coming for it. Apart from the dog bones which i nicked off the SS as nickel plated to match the driveshafts, the bumpers which I will change in time for the v2 version, the roll bar, axles & wheels everything else is new, oh and of course the mill and gearbox, but the mill will be changed for my old K5.9 that I sold to boostjunkeee with the truckzilla when he gets his new .46 lump from Austria. Than mill has great compression still as almost new, the one one it at the moment is the one that i want to send to RayARacing for a repinch. It still runs ok but well down on compression. Should just bite the bullet and get a new LRP .32 or a Force 5.2cc but like my old K series mills and was sorry to see that one go. will probably still get a new mill for it in the new year and keep the K5.9 as a spare ready for the next build as have most of the parts to put another one together as keep replacing parts on this one as I like my models to look like new.
That's a big problem i have, put a savage together to use the parts in my bin then replace the parts for new ones so my parts bin never goes down.

This build even has a new pair of 35kg Feetech servos, needed a radio box lid, had the rest but still went out and bought a complete new box, so back to square one with the amount of spares I have and so it goes on. Think I need therapy, LOL. 🙃🙃🙂😁

Just need the bloody exhaust pipe to arrive than I can start it. Will get a body for it at the end of the month when payday comes, going for another HPI Gigante I think, was going to buy my old yellow one back but boostjunkeee wants 30 quid for it and can get a new one for 33 quid so will go down that route, going to paint it Translucate orange with star burst silver metal flake base coat and the bed and wheel arches in dark gun metal, got the paint already.

Lol, have you not considered buying a Baja to keep your fingers busy? 😂
Take it still no reply from ray racing then mate?
No mate, had a Baja as I have already told you, didn't think much of it, am tihnking about getting another FG monster truck though, will need to be secondhand as anit got a spare grand to buy a base truck, can pick them up from 350 quid if ready with the cash when they appear, but those things keep you broke. A set of wheels and tyres will set you back £140. My last one was a 26cc but you can now get them as 32cc. Like the Baja so easy to get going, just like starting a lawnmower and 45 minutes on a tank of gas. Maybe next year but will to unload alot of my Savages first to make room for one. They are nearly a metre long so take up alot of space. The ne wones are 4 wheel drive to, mine were rear wheel only.

My mate has a 30 degree north buggie and wow that thing is that big it looks like a kids electric car ride on car. but very crude looking not refined at all, not that the FG is either but love did my FG days. only one thing better than 1/5 scale and that is 1/7th. 😁😎

At that price won’t be getting one of those then mate!😳
Funny as well don’t like the noise of them, reminds me of a petrol leaf blower!
Yes remember & seeing photos of them all, just thought as in kit form would keep you busy for a while?

Yer don't know why the Baja is so popular, maybe it the size but I found mine was boring as fiddlesticks, biggest waste of money i think I have spent on an RC car. but then I anit a love of any buggie type RCs always been onto trucks except for my days with the FG touring cars.
Got to say tho that i do like the look of them, remind me os a VW dune buggie I had back in younger days, not the VW beach buggie but a sand dune buggie, just an engine and 2 seats enclosed in a roll cage and it was street legal, had some fun in that.

Well it is finished, the correct exhaust pipe with a descent manifold arrived in the post today along with the correct HPI air filter. Just need to purchase a shell for it now, which will do in the next couple of days. Will need to be an XL one due the length and like I said above will more than likely go for the HPI Gigante one.
Still hoping to get my old K5.9 mill back off boostjunkeee in the next couple of weeks as the one fitted is getting a bit tired now.
1669660004246.jpeg1669659917868.jpeg1669659952030.jpeg1669660043231.jpeg1669660065453.jpeg

Your turn around on these trucks mate you should get a job at Santa’s work shop your be on a great bonus, Lol!
Looking good as ever though mate!
Have got your shocks package & hopefully wife will make a trip to p/office in next couple of days, I have asked her nicely! 😁

Your turn around on these trucks mate you should get a job at Santa’s work shop your be on a great bonus, Lol!
Looking good as ever though mate!
Have got your shocks package & hopefully wife will make a trip to p/office in next couple of days, I have asked her nicely! 😁
Yes I do seem to knock them out a bit quick, LOL. So far this year it has worked out at one a month. This is build number 11 and we are in the eleventh month. Been in my parts bin again and could even see number 12 by the new year. 😎🤞🙃.
Just seem to be missing a gearbox, one diff case and don't ask me why I have ended up with only one when they have all been bought in pairs, a pair of servos, battery hump & a radio box lid although I do have a complete old style one. What this space as they say. God only knows what my obsession is with these Savages as they drive in potty must of the time, but at least they are all different at the moment but slowly running out of variants to build. Might have to start building Flux models next year. Oh just remembered I haven't gpt a standard length LCG one yet but got the spare motor plate for one now.😜🤪👍.
Just in the process of changing the O rings in the tops of the shocks as have noticed 6 are leaking abit, changed the 16 in the bottoms when I built them but didn't have any S10 O rings at the time so was hoping they would be ok, but not to be.

Give the missus a kick up the arse, LOL, going to end up with that many shocks will be able to hang them on the Christmas tree instead of borballs.

Well it is finished, the correct exhaust pipe with a descent manifold arrived in the post today along with the correct HPI air filter. Just need to purchase a shell for it now, which will do in the next couple of days. Will need to be an XL one due the length and like I said above will more than likely go for the HPI Gigante one.
Still hoping to get my old K5.9 mill back off boostjunkeee in the next couple of weeks as the one fitted is getting a bit tired now.
View attachment 10392View attachment 10390View attachment 10391View attachment 10393View attachment 10394
Looking good! Yeah my new one is currently in the uk now at customs (typical) so hopefully should get it soon and have your old one out ready

Looking good! Yeah my new one is currently in the uk now at customs (typical) so hopefully should get it soon and have your old one out ready
Hi Bud, Well you should have it soon then which will be good for me too.🤗So hopefully will still on for picking it up this weekend, fingers crossed. Have decided to get a new shell as want to do a Metal flake paint job on it, looking like orange at the moment but might go for a Iridescent colour with metal Flake under that, Tamiya do 3 different colours at the moment. Purple/Green PS46, Pink/Gold PS48 & Blue/Green which I don't know the PS number of but has a code of 89912.

Hi Bud, Well you should have it soon then which will be good for me too.🤗So hopefully will still on for picking it up this weekend, fingers crossed. Have decided to get a new shell as want to do a Metal flake paint job on it, looking like orange at the moment but might go for a Iridescent colour with metal Flake under that, Tamiya do 3 different colours at the moment. Purple/Green PS46, Pink/Gold PS48 & Blue/Green which I don't know the PS number of but has a code of 89912.
Yeah should be hopefully if all goes well with it being on time, sounds good, I’m still undecided on what to go with, thinking a dark blue but with flakes in it possibly, I done similar on my savage XS SS

Yeah should be hopefully if all goes well with it being on time, sounds good, I’m still undecided on what to go with, thinking a dark blue but with flakes in it possibly, I done similar on my savage XS SS
Can do Metal Flake on most colours, I just use Core-RC Starburst Silver which is a clear paint with like glitter in it and apply it under the top colour but for solid colours just keep the layers thin so the flake shows through, I find it works really well with Translucent colours but have done it with solid ones to, just doesn't show through as much.
Tamiya PS38 is translucent blue

This is how my centre skid plate fits with extended TVPs Gazzman!
Hello Bud, well the new skid arrived today from Robert, and it fits alot better, no more gaps so well happy with it. He had sent me one for a Flux by mistake. Not so happy with the super heavy duty dog bones though. They don't fit, it looks like the pins in the ball ends are off centre a bit but enough to stop them frrom fitting in the axle cups, and when I did get one to fit it was that tight the dog just stays there when hanging, have sent Rob a mail, will see what the out come is.
Just when everything looks rosie along comes another spanner in the works.
Also they were black and should have been Nickle plated as per the description on his web site, so not happy about that either. One step forward and then two back, god I hate this hobby. LOL.🤨😣😣😠
1670077942428.jpeg1670077963499.jpeg1670077984750.jpeg1670078048901.jpeg1670078179021.jpeg1670078243759.jpeg

Hi mate & you said weren’t that bothered about gaps each end!
That’s annoying about d/bone wonder how he made that error, but I guess you have better chance then me of getting reply, Lol!

Last edited:
Hi mate & you said weren’t that bothered about gaps each end!
That’s annoying about d/bone wonder how he made that error, but I guess you have better chance then me of getting reply, Lol!
As no other real helpful reply’s then yours on LST shock mount post I have forwarded that to Rob, that hasn’t pinged back yet!🙏🏻
Yer didn't find much on the net about them. There are a few vids on YouTube Understand what he is going on about tho, As the bottom wishbones are different between the 25 & the X you will need a different mounting plate for the lower wishbone for the shock to attach to.
Yes well pissed off by the dog bone issue, was already to fit them today, at 1st thought he has sent me 11mm ball end ones, then measured them and the came out at 8.8mm where the cups are 9.15mm so started scratching my head. In the end got a new diff cup I had laying around, forced the dog into it and it would only go in halfway then stated spreading the cup open. When I finally got it back out you could see it had taken all the black coating off one side of the ball but hadden even touched the other side. When looked at them closer could see the pin going through the ball end wasn't quite in the centre. not off my much but enough.
Plus they were meant to be Nickle plated and they were black. Main reason I bought them was for the bling factor as the larger shaft would have stood out but in black they would just blend in. Didn't buy them for there strength. Waiting on a reply now.
This poop can only happen to me, LOL.😒😒😕😕

That’s annoying as if you wanted black perhaps you could of tried heating d/bone end up & see if you could centre pin better?
Worrying though the black wears off so quickly, would his TVPs be the same, don’t even know how the process is done to turn them black?

Last edited:
No chance of adjusting the pins in the dogs as the holes in the bones for the pins are drilled through then the pins are pressed in.
Wouldn't worry about your TVPs as they will be anodised which is a completely different process. Anodising is a form of electro plating where the colour is just a dye that impregnates the metal and adds a coating to it. These look like they are case hardened.
The whole reason I bought them was because they were meant to be nickel plated, i.e. Silver. and that they looked cool as being bigger in the centre of the dog. Hope he can sort it out as they cost me £35 the set. As not using on a Flux wasn't interested in there strength. The pins aunt even pressed through symmetrically, there is more sticking out one side than the other. At least the skid plate fitted and looks good.

Latest posts

Back