New Hummer Body, First Body (56k Warning)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmuff

My new body i just finished. Was the first body i ever done. Turned out better than i thought it would have. What do you guys think?
P5090099.jpg

P5090100.jpg

P5090101.jpg

P5090102.jpg

P5090104.jpg

for the area cut out in the back by the motor.... make sure there are no sharp corners. If there are, then the first time it lands upside down, then it will start to crack.

For corners, I drill a hole. I then use a razor blade to score the lexan. Once scored, then bend it and it will break in smooth line.

Jon.

Looks great muff.

Like rida said, clean lines and rounded corners.

that looks pretty sweet. i have an hummer h2 truck style on mine. for something different you should take some really thin little tubbing and bend some role bars from the roof in the back to the back of the bed mines got that and it looks pretty killer, just an idea for an extra little ad on.

hey bazooka, where did you attach the metal tubing? sounds like a neat idea. - You should post a picture of ur ride
and as far as black heating up my ride more, that wont really be an issue, not like i live in the desert or nething

man now your making me work at this stuff haha just kidding yeah i knew the picture thing would come up. just give me a little bit i will take some pictures and post them up later today probably.

sorry i got to playing with it lol it will have to be tomorrow but i will for sure get them to you. my body is a little bashed and stiched with some zip ties but looks sweet. i will get them up tomorrow you know how it goes i took it out went to get the camera and thought i can play for a bit then ran out of daylight haha tomorrow it will have to be

hey kevin....nice body. have you ever thought of x sideplates??you know that they make the engine sit lower than the ones u have. you can get em off ebay for about $15. they will improve your handling over those 25 sideplates. just food for thought.....

Naw the standard Savage X side chassis plates are as cheap as $8.00 for a set on Ebay. They set everything lower giving it a lower center of gravity making it less of a chance of rolling over in the corners. If you want it to sit lower check out the Fastlane Machine LCG (low center of gravity) kit. That kit is about $70 shipped.

pictures

here are those pictues of my H2 in one of them the bar looks a little bent thats because it got bumped but i fixed it when i pulled it out. just a cheap little add on that i like the look of. makes it kinda stand out ya know. i think i'm going to get a new one though and just keep this one for bashing just because the zip tie stiching doesn't help the eye catching quality lol.

yeah its just a little extra thing but it kinda sets it apart from every other body ya know. i mean paint can only go so far but those little extra touches make the difference i think.

Latest posts

Members online

Back