New here please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jrnj

I have a hpi savage flux with mamba monster 2 esc. 2200k monster brushless motor and two 3c 5000mah 25c lipos in series. On a full charge I'm getting tops 15 min of run time then it shuts off I guess cause it's to hott cause I'll let it sit for five min and I'll get a min or two more. Is that normal?

Ya could be getting hot, do ya have a temp meter to measure it with.... it also could be the batteries not holding up to the discharge rate you are pulling out of them and this is causing it to go into LiPo cutoff stopping the truck until the batteries catch up, what batteries are you running and another thing to check out is drivetrain drag causing more amp draw that you need.....

The brand battery is onyx. I do not have a temp meter. Where's that go how's it work. What am I checking tenp on. Also what's drag of drive train. I do have big tires on it

just a handheld temp checking infrared thermometer, can get em on e bay, I would be checking temp on the motor and the esc heatsink....

drag can be alot of things, wheels cranked down too tightly, dirty or worn bearings, or stuff caught in the drivetrain causing drag....and the bigger the tires are the more they increase the gear ratio which could be gearing the motor too high causing excessive heat in the entire system....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duratrax-DT...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461aba8a30
That is what I mean by temp gun...

I have a hpi savage flux with mamba monster 2 esc. 2200k monster brushless motor and two 3c 5000mah 25c lipos in series. On a full charge I'm getting tops 15 min of run time then it shuts off I guess cause it's to hott cause I'll let it sit for five min and I'll get a min or two more. Is that normal?
So let's say the r u is real hot and the motor. What will that tell me

most likely would be geared too high by what you have posted so far, gear down the pinion by a couple teeth and see how it does.... That is as long as there is no binding in the drive system....

One last thing what should be a good gear to use. The guy gave me a 25 t gear. I don't kno what stock is or what's on it

You are Welcome, hope it all works out for you with the truck......
Sadly it seems most all the knowlegeable guys who used to come here have stopped for a variety of reasons...... I don't know enough about the Flux to be much more help...
You can try PM'ing guys like frddyj or some of the other authors on the flux threads and possibly one of them may offer more insight to help you out a bit more....

Yea that sux man. One last question. What's the slipperer clutch really do. Also when I punch it in reverse and sometimes forward I hear a clicking noise as if the gears are grinding and spinning

The slipper clutch is one of many ways to help jarring hits from going through the drive train. It also lets you tune when the power gets applied to the wheels.

The noise could be the gear mesh between your spur and motor gear.

Last edited:
Thx again. Is that server a good thing. also the clutch pad Is the thicker the better how does it work cause he gave me a thick and thin pad

X is right the slipper is there to have a give point in the drivetrain so there is less chance of stripping gears and such... going from forward to reverse or vice versa can make for some fun action but it is also very hard on gears and related parts, as for which pads you have, if you have packaging for them we can probably look them up and see, but I do know there is a ceramic one out there that is pretty good....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back