New forum look

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
HPISF Staff
I just wanted to make a quick note about the new look of the forum. Things are a bit different from the old design, and there are still a lot more work for me to do.

I wasn't actually expecting on making this go live so soon but after running an forum update it seems to have badly broken the old design so thus we are moving to this new design quicker than anticipated.

Still lots more to do but if you see any issues please let me know!

Might be good to outline the key differences so we can utilize and appreciate the new setup more.

Looking good Woodie!

Might be good to outline the key differences so we can utilize and appreciate the new setup more.

The new design is "lighter" which should help improve forum speed (more speed improvements coming too). Improvements have also been done to further enhance mobile viewing.

I'm still working on the over all theme to make improvements but some of the other features of the updated forum and/or theme design includes the following:

Thread Tagging:

Thread tagging allow users to place a tag on threads they create, these tags can then be searched for, or clicked on to find threads tagged with the same tags.

thread-tags.png

When creating a thread, you will see an additional box to add tags if you would like. Tagging is NOT required.

create-tags.png

Mark as Read icons:

Each forum icon is now clickable, which will mark that individual forum as read.

forum-read.png

Two Step Verification:

For those of you that take security very seriously and want to add an additional layer of security to your account then you'll want to take a look at two step verification (aka, two factor authentication).

Enabling this feature will require you to enter a string of numbers generated by a mobile app such as Google Authenticator. The two step process of this consists of - One: something you know (your password) and Two: something you have (your mobile phone). This way if someone was to get your password it would be useless without also having your phone.

two-step.png

Latest posts

Members online

Back