New flux? Newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Hey guys, hope you can help! When i place my new savage flux hp on the ground and try to push it i hear a tick,tick,tick,tick. When i lift the truck up in the air the out drives turn fine but can't turn the center shafts hardly at all and when i do you hear the tick. Can anyone please help. Hope nothing is wrong. Waiting for batteries.

I'm guessing you took out one or both diffs. Or you took out gears in the transmission.

When in the air, can you turn one wheel and see the opposite side move with no noise? Do this for both the front sets and the rear sets. If you take out either of the center dog bones you can isolate the diffs/ transmission to help trouble shoot further.

If this is brand new, never been ran, it's also possible you have a gear mesh issue. Sometimes when the pinion and spur gear are not meshed correctly they can be noisy.

the tick tick is prob the pinion....being electric there would be these clicks or ticks....me thinks...lol!
If you lift the truck and turn one wheel...the opposite wheel should turn in the opposite direction....and the center drive shafts won't move due to the diffs. If you turn both rear/front wheels in one direction it will engage the center drive. If you push the truck on the ground all 4 wheels move thus moving the center diff and the spur....and you get the click click. If you turn the spur all wheels will move in one direction.....if all this is confusing I'm sorry....lol!
And if someone knows really why....please correct me...as this is what I know thus far with the click ticks.

Yup Tim is correct, you are probably hearing the gears making a bit of noise, also the electric motors do make a bit of noise as they rotate.... I say RUN THAT THING and have some FUN FUN FUN !!!

Thanks Jam! I was being Optimistic yet cautious! HAHA!
I now remember reading about it when I got my Flux....it clicked louder then my Stampede! I got worried too.

One thing I hate is some lipos come with plugs I don't use...grrr. Just finished soldering 6 lipos with deans....thick gauge wires are no fun...haha

Nice! My iron was still good so got a new point and replaced that instead. A world of difference! I so need to get a regulated supply.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back