New Flux - Immediate shimming required?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexxan

Is it something I should do immediately? I read a post while researching the Flux about the diffs being shimmed from the factory, is this the case? Enjoy wrenching but don't want to mess anything up.

I'm going to follow Distraits's thread and also change the diffs from grease to 30K diff fluid. Do I need to get new diff gasket's before attempting this?

Just unscrewed the front bumper / skidplate but couldn't de-clip it from the purple plate (which looks straight forward in the manual) and didn't want to force and break it. Doesn't bode too well so far...lol. Thanks.

you should definitely shim them. HPI "shims" them but its not good at all. follow distraits system and you will be set. get gaskets first and change them so the fluid don't leak out. 30k is a nice general weight to go with. good luck and if you run into any q's just ask.

Cheers 88. Checked the shimming and it's good - no lateral play at all - very surprised. Didn't switch to fluid yet as I'm waiting on the gaskets. Brilliant on how easy it is to remove the diffs - great design. I used to think the 5B diff was pretty easy to get to but this is cake.

Latest posts

Members online

Back