New exhaust actually a upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstndt

Hello, untill now I haven't really cared about exhausts but I'd prefer anything to this stock HPI plastic pipe. I just bought 2 metal exhausts but will they actually improve anything? They are a bit smaller compared to the long stock pipe1000009750.jpg1000009749.jpg
Edit: I just measured the hole of both the new black and chrome metal exhaust is about 8mmm while the stock hpi pipe is 9mm. Does this influence anything?

Second edit: it is possible to drill the hole of the new black metal exhaust a millimeter more. Its metal is strong enough.1000009752.jpg

Last edited:
That silver alloy pipe requires a different header than comes on the Savage, there is a coupler between the pipe and manifold and it is held together with a trio of short springs, so unless you got the manifold that one is not gonna fit right, The black one has the outlet and pressure nipple fitting also in the wrong places also by what I can see in your pic, so a bit of fitting and pressure hose routing may be needed, then the pipe support on the front is going to be worked a bit to support the end, I would say not to drill or open up the outlet, you can ruin the pipe and weaken the outlet...

Don’t know what you payed for those two pipes but you were probably half way there to buying the shiny metal exhaust that comes fitted to the V2 XL version which you can get with exhaust header, which works/fits a treat?

Don’t know what you payed for those two pipes but you were probably half way there to buying the shiny metal exhaust that comes fitted to the V2 XL version which you can get with exhaust header, which works/fits a treat?
€10 for these 2 pipes. I might polish and sell the shiny chrome one but I'll probably keep this black one. It seems like fine quality to me and big enough for the force .32🤷🏻‍♂️ (it has a larger diameter than the stock pipe)I've never heard about that V2 XL version though, I'll look it up. I have 2 savages, so atleast one will get a (temporary) upgrade

I have figured out a way to mount this pipe:1000009753.jpgit has a set or grubscrew in it which attaches itself to that metal rod. It is attached to the stock pipe attacher with 2 collets.

But how do you think about this fuelline setup, is it too long? It is not bent and I can easily blow through it.
The black one has the outlet and pressure nipple fitting also in the wrong places also by what I can see in your pic
That's right1000009754.jpg

I would say not to drill or open up the outlet, you can ruin the pipe and weaken the outlet...
Yeah but the exhaust metal is really strong... I'll let it stay how it is but maybe later I can drill some more and weld something on the outside...
But my main question is currently the fuellining?
Thanks

Guinness would the V2 XL adapt to the Savage 25 I have as well? I need to get batteries for my digital caliper to measure the sizes unless you know off hand. Thanks!

Guinness would the V2 XL adapt to the Savage 25 I have as well? I need to get batteries for my digital caliper to measure the sizes unless you know off hand. Thanks!

That exhaust will work for your savage. May need to rework the exhaust hanger. I just use a wire clothes hanger to make my exhaust hangers. Been usin the same hanger for yrs and and it's still the same shape as when I first installed it.

@ TimmyB1183
I also suggest that you replace the exhaust manifold gasket on the motor with a new. They wear out pretty quick and start to leak. When that happens, you'll have a hard time tuning the engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Back