New Era shock tower install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Well here it is...man New Era shipped the towers to me in (2) days. That's smokin' fast!

The install was quick and simple...I was able to get to all (4) screws without fuss.

I can see now why the price is so low on these shock towers...the machining is marginal. Some edges are rough and the machining doesn't line up in some spots. They are well-made, however, and with a little polishing they will be very nice.

I'll go out to capture some video's later after the kids get settled.

26656a43.jpg

832e6168.jpg

339f6911.jpg

9a5543a3.jpg

de827b60.jpg

8681cf09.jpg

They look good Go-to. I'm 20-25 Min's from their shop. Lots of good stuff there. Like you said they don't care about the finish much. The stuff they cut on the water jet like the TVPs all have ruff cuts but Ive found them to be a good strong product. :resp: Ya can't knock that... Great for the bash crowd but not for the shelfers amongst us

They look good Go-to. I'm 20-25 Min's from their shop. Lots of good stuff there. Like you said they don't care about the finish much. The stuff they cut on the water jet like the TVPs all have ruff cuts but Ive found them to be a good strong product. :resp: Ya can't knock that... Great for the bash crowd but not for the shelfers amongst us

Thanks!

Agreed, and I won't knock their products for finish when fit/function are top-notch. That's the reason for the price which I don't mind. I got their LST2 shock mount kit and that is a great kit. Minimal pieces and good overall finish on those.

The machining marks are left behind and I kinda like it now...it's growing on me more and more.

I have seen their products and was considering an upgrad on all of my suspension need through them. I was considering just polishing their stuff with some jewler's rouge it will give it a high luster and can be done with a dremmel. When I compaired their products to integy and all the others theirs looked heavier and much sturdier. The only thing I wish is that they offered a Shock Tower with more holes to change the shock position like I have seen on some others.

I have seen their products and was considering an upgrad on all of my suspension need through them. I was considering just polishing their stuff with some jewler's rouge it will give it a high luster and can be done with a dremmel. When I compaired their products to integy and all the others theirs looked heavier and much sturdier. The only thing I wish is that they offered a Shock Tower with more holes to change the shock position like I have seen on some others.

Anybody that is just bashing around (not racing) will never need that many shock mounting options honestly.

Think I counted 10 zippys. In the pictures no telling how many we can't see lol. Looks good n sturdy though. I never used their products. Just flm. But want to try some knuckles and c hubs out.

You can't see quite a few...hehehe. I had to buy those towers because the LST2 shocks were actually bending the stock plastic!

is that common on the bending of shock towers with lsts??

Last edited by a moderator:
is that common on the bending of shiock towers with lsts??

Not that I have heard of...it's why I left the shock towers plastic. I have no idea if it's a common problem or not, but I don't hear about if it *is* a problem.

Here's what it will look like if it happens...

27d4b07b.jpg

Not to get off track, but I see you are in Louisiana...where do you go to bash at???
The other thing is what kind of problems did you have with their product because I purchased their complete shock tower and it fit great!

Not to get off track, but I see you are in Louisiana...where do you go to bash at???
The other thing is what kind of problems did you have with their product because I purchased their complete shock tower and it fit great!

Sorry I'm a racer (local track in Scott, LA) hehe.

I've never had any problems with New Era pieces buddy.

new era has some great products and i order from them alot,only real negative thing i can say is there shipping charges are a bit high but i still shop there lol

they do make good products, i met them at an rcmadness race once, they had a booth setup...they were very ,very rude and unfriendly, i was telling them about the products i had bought from them, and they just keep looking away from me and were very uninterested in talking with me at all
i vowed never to buy from them again, its been 6 years and i still wont buy from them....good stuff though, lol

Members online

Back