New era 125cc fuel tank review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisw

To fast for my own good
http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=1704

Written by:Chris W

Part # hsv510

Product:125cc fuel tank with stone filter

Price:$15.90

Tested on:Savage 4.6 ss with a LRP and a 3 speed

This is a great up grade for any basher or racer.No more half tank lean whick is great.U do loose a little run time,I have been getting some where around 10to 12 mins run time.

Here is what u start out with
2008_07200002.jpg
[/IMG]
Now u have to take the fuel tank off,fuel lines and the tank brackets
2008_07200010.jpg
[/IMG]
Now u can get the new tank ready and put it together and assembly it
2008_07200005.jpg
[/IMG]
2008_07200006.jpg
[/IMG]
2008_07200008.jpg
[/IMG]
And to install it just mount it where the motor plate bolt or on the left side with the screws that come with it and run your fuel lines
2008_07200015.jpg
[/IMG]
2008_07200016.jpg
[/IMG]
2008_07200018-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Now fill with fuel and go bashing
Here is what it looks like all done with body off and on.
2008_07200019.jpg
[/IMG]
2008_07200020.jpg
[/IMG]

Product rating
Quality-9
Install-8
Performance-10 no more 1/2 tank lean
Maintenance-fill and run

This is the best performance upgrade for the price,and if you want to do a mid tank it will fit in the stock battery box and u don't have to move the servos at least that what it looks like.I do plan on getting the guard for it soon so i will post some pics when i get it .I have ran this tank a good amount of time and i love it .Mill stays tuned and runs great,run time is about 10 mins which is good cause i let the mill cool and then run it and let it cool ,but this is a must for everyone with a savage.One thing you cant use the HPI safty stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
it comes as a hole kit ,tank and all hardwear needed u can get a nice alum tank guard for 21.00 and they also make a tank to mount in the rear of the truck

it comes as a hole kit ,tank and all hardwear needed u can get a nice alum tank guard for 21.00 and they also make a tank to mount in the rear of the truck

The way ive been jumping my truck lately, if i had the rear mount tank i would blow it up when i pogo my truck off its back end....

I have had this kit for about a year and Its a good cheap way to get rid of "half tank lean". The only thing I don't like is that you can't use the HPI engine stop with the bracket that holds the tank on. One of these days I'll get around to figuring a way around that though.

I'm waiting for new era to let me know how much they want to post this kit to the UK, if they quote me anything like what they wanted to post a roll bar ($60) I wont be buying one :eek:(
If only they sold this kit in europe!!
For now I just half fill my tank.

First up, great review, and thanks for the pics of the bracket set-up!

I'm waiting for new era to let me know how much they want to post this kit to the UK, if they quote me anything like what they wanted to post a roll bar ($60) I wont be buying one :eek:(
If only they sold this kit in europe!!
For now I just half fill my tank.

Damn! I was hoping to get one sent across the water too :(

Looks like I'll be making my own bracket (and I want to use the safety stop).

thanks alex i think it will be easy to make a bracket,i am going to see what i can do to this one to make the safety stop work,i will post pics here when i figure it out.

Looking at it, you have an extended chassis? you should be able to make a similar bracket that just shifts the tank back a bit (1/2 inch)... extended chassis has the stock fuel location so there is a bit of space to move it back and free up the hole the saftey stop goes through???

The more I look at that mid-tank solution, the more I like it. I am definitely having something very similar!
Does the Hpi stock tank just go lean because of it's design?

The stock tank goes lean yes because of design but location also plays a role in it, because its mostly lower than the carb on the truck. Fuel don't run up hill as easily as down hill. When the tank gets towards empty it requires more pressure in the tank to push the fuel up because there is more air volume in the tank.

Very nice review Chris. +Rep.

thanks crash i plan on doing reviews on all my upgrades i do to help out the newbies

I have just tested this 125cc tank set-up and it realy is worth the money, the engine holds it's tune great now and the run time is still ok for what I use the savage for,

I give this mod the thumbs up, (only thing is you cant use 4 shocks on the rear but it was a good excuse to fit the BIG BORE's and take off the CEN's) I prefer the look of the truck with the CEN's but the BIG BORE's are cool.

!!!!NO MORE HALF TANK LEAN ISUES TO DEAL WITH!!!! :jumpers:

Members online

No members online now.
Back