New engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbreddie

Just got a new engine for my savage x 4.1

I couldnt afford a hpi unit, so I bought an STS d30. Its very very fast. I need to set it up correctly as it wont tick over properly, but I haven't really had much chance of messing about yet.

Maybe this weekend

well let us know how you like it man!! maybe as your breaking it in and running it you can do a bit of a review on that engine so we all know a bit about it.. And if its possible maybe even make a vid of you running it,we all love reviews and especially vids!! lol

well let us know how you like it man!! maybe as your breaking it in and running it you can do a bit of a review on that engine so we all know a bit about it.. And if its possible maybe even make a vid of you running it,we all love reviews and especially vids!! lol

+2 and I agree

I will, let you know how it goes........ just as soon as I get a new starter, cos it has lost a tooth on the main gear of the roto starter!

My luck never gets any better!!

so far I have had to replace the starter unit, and the engine had so much power that it detroyed the centifugal clutch, now the bloody thing wont run for more than 10 seconds.

I think I better take it to a model shop to get it set up. before I break it with a hammer!! lol

congrats on the new engine breddie. sounds like your slipper nut mighta been too loose.

i say to heck with the local hobby shop, you can learn everything you need to right here and then you will know even more than the guy at the LHS.

learing these little cars is a challenge and can frustrate, but its half the fun of learning this hobby :jamout:

ya were all here to help ya for free lol and i have heard the sts engines are beasts.......

Its not the slipper clutch that got shedded. It was the centrifugal clutch and bell housing!!

I cant get the engine to run for longer than 10 seconds, so I am rapidly losing patience so £10 spent might be a good thing to do, rather than spend £200 replacing the engine again!

congrats on the new engine breddie. sounds like your slipper nut mighta been too loose.

i say to heck with the local hobby shop, you can learn everything you need to right here and then you will know even more than the guy at the LHS.

learing these little cars is a challenge and can frustrate, but its half the fun of learning this hobby :jamout:
great comment frddy wasn't for this site i would have went crazy help me with lot off my problem. the guy at local shop hate hpi loves traxxas sorry for his luck so no help there for me .

Lastest bloody problem..... the rotostart doesnt seem to engage the crank!! wow this engine is p##sing me off now!

Yep I have taken the back off the engine, the oneway bearing has failed, but the crank also moves backwards, which makes the conrod hit the inside of the engine casing. There is damage to support this. This would explain why the engine just stops after 10 seconds.

I give up with this crappy engine, I will have to save up for a proper engine which I can get parts for.

The biggest problem with this engine is that nobody stocks parts for sts in the uk. Which means a long wait for any bits as they all come from Hong Kong!

I have just bought a used savage 25 engine complete with clutch and exhaust etc.

I have also been given 2 gallons of 16% fuel...

...would it do any damage if I uae this fuel with the savage 25 engine?

What difference in performance would there be between 20% and 16%?

can you post a link of this 16% fuel your talking about?

sounds whack. lets see it.

Members online

Back