New digital servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

While over thankgiving break I ran my savage and my servo decided to crap out on me so I decided to get a digital servo this time since I now have a spectrum. I chose the JR 9100T for the steering. Plenty of torque and still faster than the 645MG that I was using. Since I have never had a digital servo what do I need to do so I don't mess it up? EPA Settings? Also since this servo is a lot stronger than the 645MG should I tighten my servo saver so all the extra torque doesn't get wasted in the servo saver?

Thanks for the help in advance!

With digital servo's or rather any servo I set the EPA's for full travel and nothing more. From what I was told and understand with a digital servo if you don't set the end points it will burn out because of the way it constantly tries to hold its commanded position, and if it can't get there it will constantly try.

I run a jr9000t it is a great servo and has not let me down yet. All I did to set it up was set the epa to end at full turn...in other words I set the st to full lock then backed the epa back a few % and I was done. Good luck to ya! You'll like it alot more then the 645mg...way faster too!

Last edited by a moderator:
These guys are exactly right. I run a lot of digital servos and have never had a problem with burning one up so long as there advise is followed, I do push my a little on the hard side with no problems. You will love the digital servo. They give full torque for any movement, where a analog servo needs to rotate so far before reaching full power. Digital will also hold much better and longer. They do suck a tad more power thought.

I love me 9100T, great choice. Like people have said, set your end points. Not only can it be really hard on your servo it self. But with electric vehicles it can also cause low voltage cutoffs.

ok I have it installed, both end points is right at 77 and 78. Not sure if that's right but I turned the wheels in one direction and started the epa at 125 then turned it down until the tires started turning the other way then stopped l, did same for other side. Right now it turns fine with tires off ground but when on the ground I think the servo saver is sucking up most of the power, maybe? It also doesn't return back to center but I think my battery is low so that's not helping.

Check to make sure you have the right servo saver horn on the Servo it self, meaning the right number of teeth. Seems to me that thats the only think off the top of my head that would do that.

Yes, if you are low on power these servos will see a definite ill affect. Like I mentioned above they do suck more power also they require a higher low level of power or act very funny when power gets low. Try a charge.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back