New charger and power supply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

]-[0pa]0ng

HPISF Supporter
Well - I've decided to try out the Lipos. I have one for my Ko EX-10 Helios and one for the lights on the baja. I also have 5 rcs using various types of batteries.

SMC batteries said: the Team Checkpoint charger TC-1030 is an awesome charger. Cool thing is you can use this out in the field being it's a DC charger. It is loaded with features. EX if you try to flip polarities say w/ the LiPo it will not charge it. It looks like the Ice charger but with even more features including a lit LCD screen ( blue ). This charger even has a temp sensor to keep your batteries from over heating, How many of you actually keep track of your batteries every time you charge them? Kind of important to know what your batteries are doing, where they are at.

tcpp9100.jpg

Cost $169

Then I needed a AC power supply. I remember from the buggy runners at the track were using this power supply. Rivergate 30 Amp DC Bulldog Power Supply

rhcp2030.jpg

Cost $160

It's gives a constant; # 30 Amps continuous output
# Modern High Efficiency design in a small package
# Overload and Short Circuit protected
# Regulated output {13.8 volt} Ideal for charging/maintaining batteries and weights in at 5.5lb.

So I bit the bullet and upgraded from an MRC super brain 960. I never did like this charger but had it for several yrs.

Question is what do you all know about setups like this one and do you really put that much attention into what charger you use? There is a madness to all this, how far are willing to go?

Thought I'd share some info, looking for input on this and will continue to add more info once I start to use it. One part of me says wow this is pretty wicked setup the part of me says WOW how much did I spend again!!!

Hop

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian i realize this thread is 2 years old, do you still have this stuff? Have you run it much?

SMC packs are a forum favorite here with good reason. A large part of that is the customer-service of Brian.... speaks well of the mans character. :resp:

Latest posts

Members online

Back