new big bores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jberd

Hello all. I am taking my loss with these piece of junk msr8 integy shocks and going big bores.

But have a couple questions.

Should I go stock plastic or aluminum?

What is the part number?

What seems to be the best set up?

Inside or outside corners?

I actually threw one of my integy shocks today as far as I could after it bent in lest than 5 minutes and the rest were so stiff they would not even rebound.

A little frustrated.

Thank you

personally, i didnt care for the big bores either;

the shafts are not strong enough given the length so most here have changed them out to hellfire shafts.

also, you need to keep a supply of shock ends and caps on hand because they break like crazy.

i hear that irc makes a set of savage shocks that have a crazy thick shaft like the baja.

ill try to find you a link

Thanks

I am very interested the irc shocks. I like the shaft thickness along with the bleeder hole at the top. The first link the shocks look really short. Would stock 5t front shocks work just as well? Or the IRC front shocks?

personally, i didnt care for the big bores either;

the shafts are not strong enough given the length so most here have changed them out to hellfire shafts.

also, you need to keep a supply of shock ends and caps on hand because they break like crazy.

i hear that irc makes a set of savage shocks that have a crazy thick shaft like the baja.

ill try to find you a link

Would you prefer the stock double shock configuration over the big bores? Or would you still recommend the big bores over the stock doubles?

20 mm = .78 of an inch this is without springs I am assuming. With spring it would probably close to 1 inch that might be a little big. But If we can get them to fit and work then why not.

I still have not heard what shocks have had the best success for bashing. I want to bea able to go out and run a few tanks of gas without having any trouble. Anybody run stock 5t front shocks on there savage?

Would you prefer the stock double shock configuration over the big bores? Or would you still recommend the big bores over the stock doubles?

i had zero issues with my stock doubles versus tons of busted parts with the big bores. & that was running the flm tvps to on both sets.

berd, for the heck of it, try putting the stock shocks back on and run a few tanks and let me know how it all goes. just wondering.

Fred one step ahead of you. I had to order a few off the bay but that is what I am going to do for now. They are cheap enough if they break and I never really had a problem before I just ran into a stick and broke two rear off.

So in short I am going to go back to stock and see how it goes.

I've had aluminum bigbores on two trucks for 1 1/2 years and only one broken cap. I replaced the plastic caps with hellfire aluminum caps and haven't had a problem since. I have a box full of broken and bent stock shocks.
IMO theres no comparison between BB's and stock.

Well so far so good with the stock shocks. Two tanks in today with no issues. Landed some good 6 fters and some tumbles.

I'm considering lst 2 shock conversion on my savage.......don't know where to buy the....or if i should buy them for that matter..

any opinions????????

i have never ran the lst shocks but they look awsome but they add alot of weight and apparently don't hold up well for bashing,now this is just what i have heard though.. INNOVATIVE RC sells the mounting kits for the LST'S and make there own shocks to go with them which are just like the lst's and new era models makes a mounting kit as well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna do the baja shock mod with baja yello springs.heard there still a little hard tho so i'll try modding the pistons.when i get my new i phone i'll do a thread with pictures.

sounds good... a few people will be waiting for that....

what kind of phone are you getting...if you don't mind me asking..?

I've been lucky so far I run the stock plastic ones and they haven't failed ot bent on me yet and some huge air, my thought is if it aint broke don't fix it. lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back