New Axial 28RR Spec1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

From Axial:
Taking things to a whole new level!

You already know how well the Axial 28 Spec 1s performed. Now it is time to take things to a whole new level with the Axial 28RR Spec 1. The 28RR is designed to rev higher while still maintaining superior levels of torque. The new engine head offers a lower center of gravity as well as increased cooling capacity.

Axial engines include ABC construction, Composite 3 needle carburetor, 7 port design, reliable pull start, and incredible performance! We use the highest quality materials and the latest CAD and CNC techniques to maintain the maximum quality level possible. Axial engines are also dyno tested to ensure the best level of performance possible.

The 28RR Spec 1 is a .28 cubic inch big block engine featuring a machined cast aluminum heat-sink head for extra cooling, dual bushing aluminum connecting rod, true ABC chrome sleeve construction for durability, and a three needle 9.0mm slide carburetor (including 8.0 & 8.5mm optional venturi’s) with a composite body for better performance at higher temperatures. The carburetor features a factory re-set line on the high speed needle, and flush needles making re-setting, to baseline factory specifications, quick and easy. There is also an optional Turbo Button head available.

This is a direct bolt-in replacement engine for any .21+ engine mount, and will accept most aftermarket shaft drive starting systems.

Features:
Lower CG engine head with increased cooling capacity
True ABC construction
Standard button head (optional turbo head available)
Pull start – no starter box or roto-start needed (optional bumpstart back plate or roto-start backplate available)

Axial 28RR Spec 1

Size: .28 cubic inch/2.09cc
Maximum RPM: 38,500
Bore: 18.25mm
Stroke: 17.5mm
Construction: ABC
Heat-sink Head: Green Anodized (optional Grey available)
Carburetor: 9.0mm Composite Slide Carburetor (includes optional 8.0 & 8.5mm venturi’s)
Carburetor Adjustments: 3 Needle, Flush Settings
Case: Black Aluminum, Rear Exhaust
Connecting Rod: Dual Bushing
Sleeve: 7 port
Starting system: Pullstarter
Recommended Glow Plug: Cold-5 Power Plug

For more information visit www.axialracing.com

Here's a Pic of the new Engine. I know a lot of the guys here run the Axial Engines so I thought you would be interested in this.

looks nice, prefer the older head style myself

still waiting for them to release a .21 engine for racing. would be good to see if it was good enough

I'm just wondering if they are going to do a .32RR Spec1. That would be interesting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Stormer hobbies has it listed for $159.95

use the [edit] button

Axial .32 is old news, its a torque monster with excellent bottome end, midrange that tapers into nothing for top end. Its off topic though, this discussion was about the .28RR...

axial 28 rr spec 1

I just picked up the axial .28rr spec 1 LHS 150.00 w/ pull start
ill post some pics and let you know how it goes with break in.:whipit: :dunno:

ITS SO PRETTY...............MY NEW FAVORITE COLOR IS GREEN............
savage_14_mm_wheels_074.jpg

savage_14_mm_wheels_071.jpg

savage_14_mm_wheels_076.jpg

work n on break n , going well.

Last edited by a moderator:
axial BAD A#$ MILL !

That is sweet i like the new head ! I don't know about you guys but axial is a great mill i have the 28 spec 1 and it has been threw allot i mean ALLT i have busted the mill and it is still going strong easy to tune and starts easy to with the pull wrope OH and lets not forget more power than the stock diffs will hold up to lol!

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x162/savage45bucket/000_0196-1.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x162/savage45bucket/000_0204-1.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x162/savage45bucket/000_0195-1.jpg

ALL RIGHT CRASH, Just remember, Righty tighty, Lefty loosie.... lol. Have fun with her, bro.

here it is, 5th tank of gas, 1/2 turn on needle and 1/2 throttle.
wow, so far so good. This is my fourth new engine and this one has been pretty easy to break in. Mfg. recomenned two tanks on the bench and two more on the ground at 1/2 throttle short runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdggzkeOOMQ

Looks like it would be a great engine for a Truggy. I know I love my Axial .32 spec1 for the brute power it gives you to get the Savage moving. I can't wait to see how the .28RR works with it as well.

ok day two, got it out again today. I'm still about 1/2 turn in on needle and it s getting smoother and quicker. Its all low end grunt rite now, it lifts the front wheels with great eas but, my hpi 25 did too.
Its running about 155 degrees, From what I can tell so far the power band is alot smoother than my picco 26 or hpi 25, so far a very nice motor. I was a little hestitant to buy one of the cheapest mills in the case at lhs but so far so good.

go green

imo.. bring the temps up to 200* if you can... but a sock on the head or something.. don't lean it out to do this just cover the head up a little..

oops

wow, I just realized that my temp gun may be not working rite. When site mentiond temp being too low,
I went back to check it found it was giv n me random readings.:dunno: I borrowed my nieghbors to recheck it, I'm running at 240 on his temp gun.
Thanks site jester.

I'm afraid to ask, what is the spit test.
Ive heard of it before but, because this is a all age groups site I wont say. lol

A.K.a. the water test. A few drops on the heatsink. If it boils off in a flash, it's too hot and you should rich'in some. If it boils off slowly between 4 -6 seconds, your OK. It's kind of basic, If it takes longer than 7 seconds, you might lean it abit to get temps up. It does work in a pinch. The water test is a general indicator of engine status. Just be sure that your getting the smoke from the the pipe when you excellerate, crash.

thanks doobeewha, site jester
I picked up a new temp gun today, Ive got one more engine to break in. I am rebuilding a hpi4.6k and all the new parts came today. I replaced everything but the crank.
The 28rr is break n nice, took it up to the woods and ran her around today.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back