Need to help with electric r/c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravaging_savage

My buddy has a rc10 t4 and he is looking for some batteries. I know nothing about electric r/c's and neither does he. He got the car in trade for some work and loves it. here is what I know about the truck. It has a 10T mod motor, some kind of higher end ESC, maybe a lrp and a really nice prophet charger. He is currently running some cheapo 3000mah battery packs, that only give him about 5 min max of run time. I just was wondering what options he has as far as batteries go.

My buddy has a rc10 t4 and he is looking for some batteries. I know nothing about electric r/c's and neither does he. He got the car in trade for some work and loves it. here is what I know about the truck. It has a 10T mod motor, some kind of higher end ESC, maybe a lrp and a really nice prophet charger. He is currently running some cheapo 3000mah battery packs, that only give him about 5 min max of run time. I just was wondering what options he has as far as batteries go.

ok, looks like the stock rtr comes with a lrp esc & 17t motor. can you cnfirm he has this stock esc caz if he does then we need to shop for a 6 cell (7.2V) non-LiPo http://www.rc10.com/ae/t4/t4_home.htm

you can build a 7.2v 5000Mah elite pack on cheapbatterypacks.com for about $40 shipped rockout

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the pics of the ESC and the motor. I am pretty sure he is currently running 7.2v. I cant find any other idenifactaion of the esc other then what you see in the pics.

SNC00205.jpg

SNC00207.jpg

He is currently running some cheapo 3000mah battery packs, that only give him about 5 min max of run time. I just was wondering what options he has as far as batteries go.

Here are the pics of the ESC and the motor. I am pretty sure he is currently running 7.2v. I cant find any other idenifactaion of the esc other then what you see in the pics.

ok, lets go with that & i can see a 6-cell pack (each cell is 1.2v x 6 = 7.2v) so lets go with that.

my son's stampede (prolly similar in weight) runs about 20-30 minutes on a Tenergy 4500Mah pack with a similar motor (titan 12t) and id bet its close in weight.

with that short a run time, it sounds like either something is wrong with the charger or the pack; maybe the pack is old, has a bad cell or solder joint.

as far as replacement options? id got to cheapbatterypacks.com & get 2 6-cell elite packs with the highest Mah available. you'll prob get about the same run-time as my son's truck (about 20 min or so) and have one charging while you running.

Cool. we where looking at cheap battery packs , using the elite 5k batteries. Think he is gonna buy a few pretty soon. Thanks for your help

Members online

No members online now.
Back