need to bend racing savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoid

need to bend racing savage can any body help me i would like to go racing

LMAO!!! take your Savage...run it over with your car...it'll be bent...

once again bud...please be more clear with your posts?

do you mean "build a racing savage"?

build a racing savage

build a racing savage yes so i can go racing and my girlfrend is racing her hellfire to

I was into racing a good bit a while back with the savage, if you want to keep costs down some like I did I removed 4 of the shocks, which made it sit lower and have the better COG and increased the handling a lot IMO. Also get a good steering servo, such as the 645MG or faster if you would like but I used the 645mg. You can also get a extended and/or LCG chassis if you have the funds to increase the handling some more. I raced on packed clay and dirt so I used 40 series pro-line Wabash wheels 23mm and had them wrapped with panther pythons 40 series using pro-lines 23mm adapter.

I don't race myself but i do have a crazy fast savage. It smoked a traxxas rustler off the line and on top end everytime we lined up. I am runn a 4.6HO hellfire motor three speed trans 18t clutch bell 47t spur gear street tires 1"6mm extended tvp's mid tank mod and some other stuff I'm sure i am forgetting. But it is crazy fast for a M/T. But their are all kinds of combo's to run for racing. Everyone has their own brands of parts that they run and will only run their brands. Hope that this has been helpful and good luck at you build and racing.

You want a good steering servo like mentioned, digital is best along with an upgraded radio system perferably 2.4 ghz I love my Futaba Fasst 3PM systems. Also take a look at my CF savage parts www.platinumrcproducts.com or take a look at the vendor section of this forum this will help lighten the truck up I have a few different kits the chouse from being standard length or extended which I recomend for racing. I would also recomend the OFNA throttle linkage if your not running it as it will give better adjustability and a Mid-tank mod for more consistant tune's.

You are more than likely going to want som knobbie tires. I run some GRP wheels and tires. A good strong engine is nice and practice is needed which will make you out handle the others. Like HPI said if its budget remove a shock on each corner or buy better lighter springs and replace oil with a light oil like 20Wt.

I could go on and on so if you have other questions let us know.

O on another note youre going to want to run like 7,000wt diff oil in the front and like 5,000wt in the rear making sure its a silicone oil. In your shocks you want to use a good quality silicone oil like Losi shock oil or something like that.

Fast isn't the key you need to have it handle as this is most important. If you cant get it around the corner you will get passed. Most tracks anen't that long which makes handeling important. If it's a long track then you can make fast work but handeling still makes a difference.

PRACTICE+PRACTICE+PRACTICE=best truck & Driver.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back