Need some product testers for a Baja product I am working on!

Would you be interested in trying out a set of pre-release Baja window prototypes?

• Maybe, but I would need more information

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

(For the mods - I spoke to Bank - he is cool with the feeler here, any for-sale would go in the correct forum).

Ok, I have been looking around on the web for Baja windows, and no matter which ones I find, there is something about them I don't like...

... so I made my own :) I am thinking about selling these, but before I do, I want to see who can break them, where they break, and how they stand up to general use and abuse!

The front windows are pretty normal - clear, grey, and bronze tinted polycarbonate. Stainless hardware, etc.

The side window kits are also available in the same colors. The difference with this kit is that both sides can easily be opened in the field to get to the air cleaner, choke lever, etc without any tools, and is securely fastened while running.

PLEASE NOTE: These pics are while I was working through the details - the final pics will be much better (and not taken on an iPhone!)

Here is what the front window looks like:
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Side kit installed - NOTE: The mounting to the B-Pillar in the pic is NOT how it is now - the new design is MUCH better!!
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Bad shot with window open (opening latch not in pic)
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

The other thing I didn't like is that no one tells you that polycarbonate scratches easily, so I am including a piece of scratch-resistant laminate if you decide you want to add it.

SO! That said, anyone interested in trying them out, basically for cost?

If so, please PM me!

Thanks,

Bob

I want a set! I'll pay, not cost though, you need to make some cash off it. I would be good to see how it fits with the threshold air filter. give me a price on the tinted with laminate and I'll let you know

JP

Very cool. I can test them if you want. I just gatta find some time to run the Baja, LOL.

Learned that a long time ago with aquariums Lexan, polycarbonate, plexi-glass, whatever you call it all scratches very easily. Even gets swirl marks from light cleaning.

Mike - thats exactly what I found out in early testing, and why I am including a scratch laminate if the buyer wants to use it. That was one of the most disappointing discoveries of the testing, let me tell you!

I am a tad delayed on getting these out - I found (another lol) way to do the latches that I think is better, so I ordered the parts, and they came on Saturday. I need to package them up and get them out - hopefully tomorrow. That said, here's what the new latch design looks like:

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

This makes it VERY easy to get to the choke, etc even with the windows on. It also makes it very easy to remove your cage in the field without tools - just spin off the wing nut :)

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Crappy picture, but you can see it in action!

Comments welcome, and for those who let me know they were interested, just know they should be going out tomorrow :)

Bob

Only thing I have noticed so far, is there is a little corner of the window that needs to be cut so it clears the light pods on the 5B's. The 5T's don't have the lights on the roll bar.

Let me know what works best to cut this and I'll take some pics.

Sweet windows!!! by orcusomega

got my windows installed :rock1: they look Great !!! fit perfect. :resp: here are some pics
Picture_013.jpg
Picture_015.jpg
Picture_115.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back