Need new motor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D1PL0M4T

Hey guys turns out that my stoke 4.6 needs a new piston and sleeve. I am going to just buy a new one and keep the stock one for a back up and fix it overtime. I was looking at 3 different motors the lrp .28 the axial .28 and the picco .28. Right now I am kinda going for the axial or the lrp. Right now I am highly thinking about the axial .28 because it is only $130 shipped. My question is, is it an an easy engine to brake in and tune? That and what does engine modding do for an engine and would it be worth it for me to do to the axial 28?

I've had good luck with axial. but to be honest it seems they are a 50/50 company. Meaning you'll get a bum one or a good one, thats why they are cheap. as for the other 2 never ran them.

I do not own one but from my observance the LRP .28 Spec3 is a badass engine stock and better buget motor. I do own a Picco .28 and couldn't be dissapointed. There are many people that had issues when they go to turn needles. Nothing wrong with the Engine but it takes some understanding to make the Engine love you. Plus, you have the forum to help so I doubt you will have problems.

I have an lrp 28 great mill out of the box. Easy to tune and reliable with good power.

I have a picco and yes it was worth the money tons of power tunes easy for me, ver reliable and is built well. I did own a sh 28 that i got ten gallons out of and only paid 150 for it . I will say it started everytime on one pull tuned like a dream. So any mill based off a sh would be killer like tge lrp spec three . The sh .28 red head 8port is a beast to

I'm thinking most likely the lrp 28 has best reviews. picco got to many bad things on the carb and axial is very vey mixed.

picco got to many bad things on the carb

I'm wondering if the carb issues still hold true; they were an issue back when i got mine a few years ago and they shut down the plant for a bit while they "re-tooled."

lrp is a sweet choice.

i have seen an lrp that was new run strong little motor. hard to start when it was new but it was due to the very tight pinch. the axial is a great budget motor in my opinion, yes its the same as the k4.6 in the ss. i have had good luck with the 2 i own.

I have an LRP that I only have about 4 tanks through so far and it's very impressive with what little bit of throttle blipping I've done.

It's been hard to start for me, even with heating, but I think that will get better once it is broken in and I get the tune dialed in.

LRP Z.28R Spec 3! Awesome motor for the price. Hunt around a little, I got mine for $170 from my LHS. No shipping involved.

I really liked my axial .28rr-2. i would recommend preheating the engine to at least 180 degrees when you go to break it in though

Latest posts

Members online

Back