Need input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimshamis

Hey guys Ive been playin with my new xl a few things I've done so far is a hitec 7955tg for steering servo I did the cutting of the hubs and carriers for better steering, sway bar kit front and rear, and the hpi roll cage, and I hav to order the heavy duty servo saver spring I got it almost all the way tight and my servo still ####s it,
Now to my point I've noticed that these stock tires suck and that's probably what is killing my control now I mainly just run on the grass and occasionally go to the track were it is firmer dirt I'm looking for a set of nice beadlock rims that give me a wider stance and a tire to fit my driving, the reason I would like beedlocks is because no matter how many times I glue tires they always come apart so I'm looking for a good set of beedlocks to fit a savage xl

What about tires and how do these maximizer rims compare in size to the stock rims I don't want itty bitty rims on my xl

I'm looking at the proline maxx bowties are these good

Maxx bowties should do well on grass and the track. I would get a good set of moulded foams to firm them up and help with ballooning.

i agree that the beadlock rims are heavier but out of them all i would have to say maximizer's are one of the lightest..

Last edited by a moderator:
plus even if they are a lil heavier the point is moot because no one would ever be able to tell the difference on a savage anyway.

i put the proline moulded foams on my maximizer beads with losi zombies. flux is whippin the crap out of the zombies (especially on pavement) but the beadlocks are holdin the tire on there tight.

Should I have bought the 40 series I'm thinking I bought the wrong stuff aren't these rims and. Tires going to look small in an XL

Latest posts

Members online

Back