Need hpi suspension conversion outline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

I would like to know if anyone with the hpi suspension conversion would be willing to take this part http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_93&products_id=2259 and make an outline of it and fax it to me or scan it and send it to me. I have some carbon fiber that I want to use to do my own conversion with. If it won't work with that I am going to cut it out of aluminum.

if noone beats me to it i can possibley trace it i just don't know how ill fax it to you, wait scratch that GF has a scanner. ill try and get it done for you tomorrow.

How thick is your carbon fiber? I would imagine it would need to be kinda thick to prevent that middle part from snapping or even the part where the turnbuckles screws into.

how much c/f you got & would you be willin to trade somethin for a pc of it?

I don't have much left just enough to do this and a mount for a rush batt. box. I can get more i get it from the race track in town when cars wreck. Next time cars with carbon fiber bodies race I will get as much as I can and I will give you some. I will check the events list for the track and let you know when. I don't know how well it is going to do so that is why I will just give it to you. You would gust have to pay shipping costs. If I get alot I will put up pics of what I have to give away and first come first serve but you will have first dibs frddyj. I will also give dibs to who ever gets me this outline. Can't promise when I will get it though. wish I had taken the whole back of the car that wrecked and the front of the other they just throw the stuff away. this is the car i got my pieces from but it was orange at the race i was at http://www.grand-am.com/teams/team.cfm?series=r&tid=1270

thx bro, that would be sick if you come across some & could keep me in mind, I'm sure i'll be able to return the favour in some way rockout

haha fred you left yourself wide open right there but I will be nice. lol

When I get it he will be the first to know. And I haven't forgoten that you want some to try and make A arms out of so you are on the list to AJ.

Still need that outline though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need an outline if anyone could help me out I want to make this tonight while my wife is away and won't be nagging me If i can.

I got ya covered pope it's traced and all just got to wait till I go to my girls tonight to scan it

if you get this thing to work, i might need two of the same pcs :stickpoke:

I only have enough carbon fiber to do one right now but like I said I am getting some in to try and make some tvp's and I can make more out of that. Or I can do it in aluminum. I will post some pics when I get the outline from my buddy "Bad".

what is your email pope? ill send the pic in an attachment as well.

jonspic.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

Here is what I started with
IMG00522.jpg
[/IMG]
This is the first one. One down two to go then we glue them together.
IMG00524.jpg
[/IMG]

All three cut
IMG00525.jpg
[/IMG]
The epoxy I used to glue them together
IMG00526.jpg
[/IMG]
All three glued and clamped tomarrow they will be made to look nice drilled out all the way and put on the truck after I make custom upper a arms. :)
IMG00527.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey Pope how did this work out for ya? Got any pics of it on the truck?

Funny you should ask it worked great till yesterday. I launched it off of a old damn twice and it broke. I made one out of quarter inch plate steel for the back so I am going to make another this week. It worked great to lower its roll center but that is only half of what the RSC does.

Members online

Back