Need hpi suspension conversion outline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

I would like to know if anyone with the hpi suspension conversion would be willing to take this part http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_93&products_id=2259 and make an outline of it and fax it to me or scan it and send it to me. I have some carbon fiber that I want to use to do my own conversion with. If it won't work with that I am going to cut it out of aluminum.

if noone beats me to it i can possibley trace it i just don't know how ill fax it to you, wait scratch that GF has a scanner. ill try and get it done for you tomorrow.

How thick is your carbon fiber? I would imagine it would need to be kinda thick to prevent that middle part from snapping or even the part where the turnbuckles screws into.

how much c/f you got & would you be willin to trade somethin for a pc of it?

I don't have much left just enough to do this and a mount for a rush batt. box. I can get more i get it from the race track in town when cars wreck. Next time cars with carbon fiber bodies race I will get as much as I can and I will give you some. I will check the events list for the track and let you know when. I don't know how well it is going to do so that is why I will just give it to you. You would gust have to pay shipping costs. If I get alot I will put up pics of what I have to give away and first come first serve but you will have first dibs frddyj. I will also give dibs to who ever gets me this outline. Can't promise when I will get it though. wish I had taken the whole back of the car that wrecked and the front of the other they just throw the stuff away. this is the car i got my pieces from but it was orange at the race i was at http://www.grand-am.com/teams/team.cfm?series=r&tid=1270

thx bro, that would be sick if you come across some & could keep me in mind, I'm sure i'll be able to return the favour in some way rockout

haha fred you left yourself wide open right there but I will be nice. lol

When I get it he will be the first to know. And I haven't forgoten that you want some to try and make A arms out of so you are on the list to AJ.

Still need that outline though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still need an outline if anyone could help me out I want to make this tonight while my wife is away and won't be nagging me If i can.

I got ya covered pope it's traced and all just got to wait till I go to my girls tonight to scan it

if you get this thing to work, i might need two of the same pcs :stickpoke:

I only have enough carbon fiber to do one right now but like I said I am getting some in to try and make some tvp's and I can make more out of that. Or I can do it in aluminum. I will post some pics when I get the outline from my buddy "Bad".

what is your email pope? ill send the pic in an attachment as well.

jonspic.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

Here is what I started with
IMG00522.jpg
[/IMG]
This is the first one. One down two to go then we glue them together.
IMG00524.jpg
[/IMG]

All three cut
IMG00525.jpg
[/IMG]
The epoxy I used to glue them together
IMG00526.jpg
[/IMG]
All three glued and clamped tomarrow they will be made to look nice drilled out all the way and put on the truck after I make custom upper a arms. :)
IMG00527.jpg
[/IMG]

Hey Pope how did this work out for ya? Got any pics of it on the truck?

Funny you should ask it worked great till yesterday. I launched it off of a old damn twice and it broke. I made one out of quarter inch plate steel for the back so I am going to make another this week. It worked great to lower its roll center but that is only half of what the RSC does.

Members online

No members online now.
Back