need help guys with extended cvd's ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big scott

hi guys,
well let me start with I have the lst2 shock conversion with lst2 tires/rims.
this is a converted x to xl .

well I just notice that the front tires are hitting the shocks when turning and when fully extended.

now I was thinking of getting the xl extended axles but I really want to get some cvd's for it.

my ? is .. is there a cvd out there that will extend my wheels ??

what should I do ??
I want to keep my lst2 shock's and conversion.

thanks

Keep this in mind, when using the XL extended axles, it puts extra stress on the bearings causing them to wear out alot quicker. You'd be better off getting offset wheels. There was or still is a member here who continuously had to replace the bearings in the hub because he was using XL extended axles. He even wore out a set of Boca bearings in a matter of a few tanks of fuel.

Keep this in mind, using XL extended axles will put more stress on the bearings causing them to wear out quicker. You'd be better off gettin offset wheels. There was or still is a member here who was continuously havin to replace the bearings in the hub because he was using XL extended axles. He also worn out a set of Boca bearings in a matter of a few tanks of fuel.

Offset wheels will do essentially the same thing...if the point of contact on the tire with the ground is farther away from the knuckle then there's more stress.

Offset wheels will do essentially the same thing...if the point of contact on the tire with the ground is farther away from the knuckle then there's more stress.

I kinda gotta disagree there U P.... I been usin offset wheels for a long time on my E Maxx rpm stablemaxx wheels 1/2 offset and my Terra Crusher 1/2 offset rpm's again and on my MMT, redcat 1/2 offset 40 series and no bearing problems noticed in years of running them all.... an offset wheel puts less stress on the axle thus helping the bearings last awhile.... if the kingpin remains in the approximate center of the rim then the geometry stays consistent, when using extended axles the load is moved out from the center point and the axle can bend or wear bearings prematurely....i have never used extended axles so my comparison may be flawed...... although I have seen quite a few bent axles on clodbusters due to using some of the wheel extenders to make the truck wider thus less prone to tipping over....

Yes Jam I agree with you that the offset wheels aren't as bad for the bearings as the extended axles are. I'm sure however that they are harder on the bearings than a completely stock setup, with regular wheels

ok guys, i see what your sayin about the extended axl's . so i think ill go with a new set of rim's/tires.
but were can i get some offset rims ?
i was looking around and it seems most places don't list the off set .

is there a website that does ??
does anybody here have a set of offset rims/tires ???

thanks guys for the help.

ok guys, i see what your sayin about the extended axl's . so i think ill go with a new set of rim's/tires.
but were can i get some offset rims ?
i was looking around and it seems most places don't list the off set .

is there a website that does ??
does anybody here have a set of offset rims/tires ???

thanks guys for the help.

just a couple questions first. what size hex ya using? I recommend a 17mm hex caz it has less chance of stripping the wheel out... RPM is currently offering most of their wheels with a 1/2" offset in the 3.2 size... 3.2 is what the savage comes with I believe..... something like these maybe ? http://www.ebay.com/itm/390488776935?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 I have a set of these coming soon for my T Maxx I am working on getting bash worthy.......

RPM still sells the 1/2" offset wheels in 14 mm hex also.... look at the stablemaxx wheels they are there

Latest posts

Members online

Back