need help for nitro to brushless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulT

Hi all,

I'm planning to get a 5.9 Nitro Savage rtr and want to get a brushless conversion mount as well (in case I want more power someday). But I just couldn't find any brushless conversion kit on the market. I checked Kershaw but its single motor mount is sold out.

May I suggest just getting the Flux HP and not going with the nitro version, sounds like you want electric anyway and doing a conversion on a new rig just doesnt make alot of sense....

May I suggest just getting the Flux HP and not going with the nitro version
Problem is getting a brand new Savage Flux HP is nearly impossible at this point as most if not all places have the Savage Flux HP on backorder. Something is up with HPI and/or the Flux HP model supply.

@PaulT - There used to be a conversion kit (HPI 102534) but that's long been discontinued by HPI. Your alternatives would be to find a Flux HP (likely used) on Craigslist or eBay. Or since you're only wanting a kit to possibly use in the future then simply wait for Kershaw Designs to have their kit back in stock as they make solid products and will certainly work and can be easily switched back to nitro with little trouble.

Hi Jam and Woodie,

Thanks for the help. The reason I want to get a nitro xl is because I have a mamba monster 2 brushless system.And yes Flux hp sold out everywhere.

As I really like the size of XL. It would be easier for me to a buy a nitro then convert to a brushless someday. I knew Kershaw made very good conversion kit but not sure which is the best to hold up 6s. Any suggestion?

I just ordered a nitro xl from tower, can't wait for it :)

Send Dan an email, he is Very helpful, tell him whats on your mind and i am sure he will steer you to the best things for what you wish to do...
Personally if I were doing this I would go with the V3 direct setup as it eliminates having to mod the transmission to a single speed setup...

Thanks guys. I will send Dan an email whether V3 is in stock.
I will upload some photos after I did the conversion :D

Here's a complete chassis extension plus the conversion kit from Fast Lane Machine, also known as FLM.
e3a.jpg

e1a.jpg

Thats a PURTY rig Rolex, but I am not really a fan on how the motor is hanging off the side like that, I think the Kershaw V3 is gonna be superior to that design....

If you look closely, you'll see that the left of the motor, just up from the wires, is sitting in a saddle.
It's not outside the frame and in that location it keeps the CG as low as possible.

Oh yes I can see that, I am sure the cg is low also, but the weight balance side to side looks a bit biased to the right a bit more than if it were centered in the rails, maybe the pic is just giving that illusion, I would love to have the cash to have both to bash on and make a better decision.... :D

I was looking for better pics, but I recently had to replace my HD and pics are now on 3 different drives. I'll post some if I can find them.

EDIT:
Here's the best I could find, right now. You can see where the motor mounts and you'll also notice that the trans is off center for balance.
e2b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back