Need help finding motor specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
Alright all you search gurus out there. I'm in need of some assistance with trying to find some info. I'm trying to find out what all the specs are on 4 different motors from HPI. The motors are the F4.1, F4.6, K4.6, and K4.6 HO. I already have some info on the two K-series, but mainly need info on the the 2 F-series motors. I mainly need to know HP, useable RPM range, and the max RPM. But if somebody knows of a comparison between the 4 on a side by side list would be great. And this isn't goin into the Savvy, but since they are savvy motors, I started it in the savvy section. This is actually goin into my Schumacher Fusion (1/10th scale on-road car). Unless someone knows of a better engine (needs to be a .21-.28 big block only, no small blocks) with a large useable RPM range and high max RPM, around the same price as the ones mentioned above, please post up. The motor doesn't need alot of torque or power, but mainly the most useable and highest RPMs. The motor I have now for it has way to much torque and it kicks right into 3rd from 1st. And the clutches aren't adjustable. Please help on this guys because I'm missing the 75+ MPH WOT runs.

What engine are you running now? I like the Axial .28 spec 1s for $100 personally.

Specifications:
Displacement: .28 cu in (4.6cc)
Maximum RPM: 36,000
Bore: 18.6mm
Stroke: 16.9mm
Weight: 455g (16.05oz)
Distance Between Mounting Holes Same Side: 20.30mm (0.799")
Distance Between Mounting Holes Opposite Side: 37.03mm (1.45")
Height Bottom of Mounting Tabs/Top of Cylinder Head: 97.27mm (3.83")
Width of Mounting Tabs: 44.92mm (1.76")
Distance from Pull Starter to Front Bearing: 83.22mm (3.276")
Distance from Center of Engine to Front Bearing: 41.61mm (1.63")
Distance from Center of Engine to Pull Starter: 41.61mm (1.63")

Last edited by a moderator:
Bud I have searched intill blue in the face trying to find Dyno runs of that F mill .28 not 25 and come up dry.(pre-today) I'll call over to dave a t BUKU and see if he can help with this.

Nickmind beat me to it. Thats the best list I have been able to find.

wow this is a hpisavageforum.net????

Here is max rpm and other good info.

http://hpisavageforum.net/Engines.html

LOL those #'s are all BS bud... He wants the real numbers not what the MFGR says. Caz they are waaaaaay off the truth.

For a example this is what your link has for the K4.6
Displacement:
4.59cc
Bore: 18.00mm Stroke:16.00mm
Carburetor: 2 Needles Slide 8.5 mm
Piston / Sleeve: ABC
Glow-plug : Standard
Ports:
Exhaust: Rear
Max Rpm's: 35,000
Claimed HP: 2.9 HP

This is the truth:
HPI Nitro Star K4.6 (1.32<------- see the difference) @ 22,250 rpm
59.52 oz-in @ 19,750 rpm
35,000max

Heres the F 4.1 for you Xtrem
HPI Nitro Star F4.1 0.94 @ 20,250 rpm --->Hows that for there 2.75 hp claim...
48.60 oz-in @ 18,000 rpm
33,500 rpm

Still hunting the F4.6 for you...

Bore: 18.00mm Stroke:16.00mm
Carburetor: 2 Needles Slide 8.5 mm
Piston / Sleeve: ABC
Glow-plug : Standard
Ports:
Exhaust: Rear
Max Rpm's: 35,000
Claimed HP: 2.9 HP
This is the truth:
HPI Nitro Star K4.6 (1.32<------- see the difference) @ 22,250 rpm
59.52 oz-in @ 19,750 rpm
35,000max

Bank is right Everyone. So Bank what is the Dyno results of a F4.1?
Produce, don't complain!​

Listen bud, go get some points or something! If you find something better, then produce. But if not, this is what I have found so far. I can not find anything about dyno results of an F4.1. I'm just listing info. i was suprized to see a .net domain.

If you have any more problems with my posts, pm your opinions!
I have no issues with your posts. I was trying to show you that but you are a bit jumpy my friend. Did you see the rep I gave you earlier? why would I bash you? I'm rethinking my judgment on that at this point.

Sorry about this Extrem! But this fired me up a bit ...

I have no issues with your posts. I was trying to show you that but you are a bit jumpy my friend. Did you see the rep I gave you earlier? why would I bash you? I'm rethinking my judgment on that at this point.

Sorry about this Extrem! But this fired me up a bit ...

OMG!!!!! no I did not see the rep! But as you wrote this post I gave you a rep for producing. thats is funny! These last two Posts (yours and this one) in this thread would have been great PMs lol.

coming from the guy with that sig! lol :resp:

great find mega.

haha LOL

Megabyteme, you produce that thread, its great info. I gave a rep on it. But your a little late in this thread! Look at post 4. lol Sorry sorry I had to. :stickspank: :slapped: No more from me!

I can maybe add a little value to this post, Megabyteme could you add the info on the F4.1 that Bank came up with, into your thread?

It is on there that is where it came from.

I find it VERY hard to believe those are max HP #'s at such a low rpm. I would believe max torque to be around there, but I would think max HP would be at a considerably higher rpm.

Ok, let me clear a few things up. All those links to the motors and everything are perfect. I don't care how much HP or Torque the motor has, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm not trying to pull off wheelies in a 1/10th scale on-road car. I'm looking for a .21-.28 big block motor with the highest max RPM range or a motor with the widest useable RPM range. So, HP and Tq don't mean a thing to mean, only RPMs. I've got the gearing for the speeds, I just want higher RPMs for that little bit of extra speed. Hope this clears a few things up.

the x dyno is pretty accurate on hp. that is usable rpms on the peak hp range. i don't care if a motor can spin 40,000 rpms. if it is on the back side of the power band than it isn't worth anything.

the x dyno is pretty accurate on hp. that is usable rpms on the peak hp range. i don't care if a motor can spin 40,000 rpms. if it is on the back side of the power band than it isn't worth anything.

So basically, nitro motors run pretty much the same way as car motors do? So, I would be looking for a motor that has the HP numbers listed with the highest RPM on it, right?

If you look at the x dyno data the max hp is followed by what rpms it hit at and then the highest rpm range that was given was were the hp died flat out.
HPI K4.6HO 1.28 @ 19,500 rpm 64.76 oz-in @ 19,500 rpm 32,000 rpm
1.28 hp at 19500 rpms is the max rpm that the block was producing power and 32,000 rpm was were the engine hit it's limit. The baddest motor that is affordable and will put a stomping on all but the most tweaked motors is the rb928. plus that motor has a very good life span. if you want more get a hot mod novarossi but that will set you back about a grand. right now with dave from buku he said the hpi 5.9 was way up there also. but if you want to see the graphs go to the x dyno site and see where you want to be. do you want a motor with a fast peak like a sure fire but as it gets higher in the band dies quick or do you want a power band that goes much further in the rpm range? rb928 does that the modded go techs are great. but like i said novarossi rb concepts and the sireo motors are top of the hill.

Thanks for the help Mega. Yeah, I'm lookin for a motor that the powerband goes real far into the RPM range. It's goin into an on-road car w/ 3 speed, that's why I was lookin for the most useable RPM range. Also forgot to mention that it needs to be rear exhaust w/ SG crankshaft and slide carb. I'll keep lookin. I may end up just putting the Thunder Tiger Pro 28 back in it. Not sure what I'm gonna do.

what type of on-road car? ofna, mugen, what? super speedway fast long track or a short track on-road with lots of turns? for tracks with short straight aways you need the rpms to come up fast with the hp do to you will not be on the throttle for more than a sec. But longer high speed runs look for that wide power band where the rpms will be more constant and you will not have to peddle the throttle as much do to traction loss.

Schumacher Fusion 21 w/ 28 big block upgrade. Came that way when I bought it off of ebay. I'm not gonna be doin any racing with it. Just wide open parking lot fun. I might try it out on the drag stripe at the track that's being built. One of the LHS I goto, the owner is the treasurer of the club and they are building a new off-road track. Also plan on adding a rock crawling pit, drag stripe, and on-road track. Well, maybe on those, there has been talk. Also gonna have a dirt oval. Hope this helps any.

look at a ninja if you use a bump box. very good onroad motor. parking lot fun don't go super high end. do a go tech .25 or .28. or an ofna pico.

look at a ninja if you use a bump box. very good onroad motor. parking lot fun don't go super high end. do a go tech .25 or .28. or an ofna pico.

The chassis isn't set-up for bump start. I've never heard of go tech, if I'm understanding this right? I'm looking for something around the $150-200 range. Cheaper than that would be better.

ok 150 to 200 range. lrp .28, hpi 5.9, sure fire .32, hpi f4.6, there are some the 5.9 is probable the strongest with a good power curve with the sf .32 coming in 2nd but a short power curve than the others.

ok 150 to 200 range. lrp .28, hpi 5.9, sure fire .32, hpi f4.6.

I'm going to have to throw in the Picco as its one of the better mills for under 200 in my book. Its very long lasting and just as much power as the LRP but not quite as cheap. The HPI 5.9 is above $200. Another decent mill is the Mach 427 which everyone forgets about, its not as powerful as the others listed but is decent, I can get them from my LHS for $145 nib. They have better power than the Axial .28 Spec 1S as well. I also am running a Mach M26ss which I P&Ped and its ridiculous. All the mills here are great personally skipping the f4.6 because the others listed are just as cheap and have more power and run better. This is all just my .02 thought.

i mentioned the ofna picco a few posts up. It is a nice engine with a long powerband. and it doesn't fall of that quick either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back