Need help choosing a Picco, please....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull8042

I am fed up with this 5.9. I can't keep the POS running long enough to even do a decent break-in, much less a tune. So, I am going to order a Picco but don't know which one. I am looking at these 2:
Ofna .28 Picco JL Team Turbo and the Ofna .28 Picco w/Pull Start
It looks like the Team Turbo has already been modded by Ofna and is $60 more. However, I have no problem spending the extra if it is worth it.
Any of you more experienced have a recommendation?

The picco 28 w/pullstart is the one you need..

Not questioning the validity of your advice, but could you elaborate a little? The reason I ask is that the Factory Team seems to be more suitable for bashing because of the intake mods and higher HP....
Obviously, I must be missing something. Not the first time I might add.
Thanks for your help.

The JL is for a buggy or truggy.. You need a bump box to start this mill..

OK, I really appreciate the help. There are just so many options, it is hard to make a decision.

If you want that extra power from the get go, have it modded by AB mods. You can probably even get the motor from Adam and save on shipping and handling time.

Thanks for all the help guys. I really just want a dependable mill that is not incredibly difficult to tune/keep tuned until I get some more experience under my belt. So, after doing a little more research around here, I realized, for one, that I posed the second most asked question around here already.....again! (sorry folks) And two, if I am not going to mod the engine, then I would be better served by the LRP. So, that is the way I went. I ordered the LRP Z.28R Spec 3 w/Pull Start last night from Tower.
Thanks again for the help, and my apologies for asking an already "FAQ".

Members online

Back