Need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trick6973

Total newbie here. Just flipped my savage, it revved really high, and now it won't go high speed. Sputters and chokes if I try to get on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also put in new fuel filter and air cleaner. Air cleaner is smaller than stock. Could this be the issue? Help

Honestly, most of the fuel filters I've seen are a leak waiting to happen. Sort of sounds like you have an air leak. Try removing the filter, just a straight line fro
The tank to engine. Check all the backplate screws and carb screw, as well as the headbolts. As long as your tanks sealed well (the spring tension is good and irking good) you don't really need the fuel filter imo.

Yes, to add a little to what jay is saying, if vehicle has been sitting awhile or has not been inspected for air leaks, just need to do a service inspection, also replace zip ties that connect muffler to header, make sure they are good and snug, and also check header to block gasket, they rot and are a big culprit for air leaks, new fuel lines are always a good thing. I stay away from filters, they can cause starvation problems, not always though, If fuel starvation persists , you made to look at fuel tank, they get old and start leaking air.

I forgot to add, I would just replace gasket between header and block, when you go through trouble pulling motor, just be safe and do it then, cheap and saves extra work and headache, cheap maintenance

If you hit the head really hard, you could have cracked the crank case. I've done that on a few small blocks. On mine, they cracked right at the mounting flange and you couldn't really see it until you pulled the engine. However, running it causes oil to pool under the engine and make the tune just be awful to deal with. I did that 3 or 4 times on my jato. Was due to landing too hard from big air. But the same could happen from smacking the head on the ground too hard.

You can see the crack here:
2009-0912-TRX2.5-Cracked01.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back